Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I always had that heavy blunt fringe hairstyle until I was 11 years old when I became scared that it will cause acne on my forehead.

(A bit like this http://www.rasysa.com/pkg/style/length/lon...464&page=18 )

...the next time I dared to get a fringe was when I was 15 and had that side fringe style... I did get acne on my forehead but I'm not sure if it was because of the daily hair straigtening, the hair products I used to keep it straight or having hair touching the skin on my face itself :eh:

So I'm 18 now and want to get that blunt fringe hairstyle again, once my hair grows longer (its only a bit longer than shoulder length atm)...I rarely get forehead pimples anymore (just have scars) and chose this particular style because it never required straightening or hair products.... so yeah would like to know if having hair on face again is safe for acne prone skin or not :)

i got my bangs done like that about a month ago and i haven't really seen an increase in the amount of breakouts on my forehead.

but i also use Pureology shampoo & conditioner because my dermatologist recommended it because it's like all natural and stuff. it's really expensive though. and i also don't use many hair products on my bang area.

i just try to keep my hair clean and i usually put it back with a headband or something when i go to bed.

I dont think it can. Its more likely the shampoo you were using. Avoid shampoos with SLS in it

What is SLS? :eh:

I'm just using Pantene right now...I won't cut/style my hair until end of year when acne is hopefully gone.. but yeah it seems to be good because hair is not oily anymore :)

... I think I may have hereditary acne too.. my mum had great skin, my dad had to have a pimple surgically removed :shock: (he's left with a scar but because its just like an incision linear scar its not noticeable)... point is... perhaps I'll just not get the fringe :confused: ..sounds like too much to risk Lol :)

i wish i could have a fringe, they always look so pretty and cute. but my hair is apparently growing in some weird 'cows lick' (god knows) which means i cant have one. sniff. damn you normal haired people...

It could most definitely cause acne, especially if you have oily hair. The right shampoo is important, but the natural oils in our hair can still irritate the skin.

When you have acne it's very important to keep things away from your skin, and that includes our hair. So just be weary that it is very likely it could increase acne on your forehead.

Edit: not to mention what the hair products you may applyto your bangs will do to your skin!

I dont think it can. Its more likely the shampoo you were using. Avoid shampoos with SLS in it

What is SLS? :eh:

I'm just using Pantene right now...I won't cut/style my hair until end of year when acne is hopefully gone.. but yeah it seems to be good because hair is not oily anymore :)

... I think I may have hereditary acne too.. my mum had great skin, my dad had to have a pimple surgically removed :shock: (he's left with a scar but because its just like an incision linear scar its not noticeable)... point is... perhaps I'll just not get the fringe :confused: ..sounds like too much to risk Lol :)

You know the ingredient Sodium Lauryl Sulfate? It can lead to breakouts especially in people who are acne prone

i wish i could have a fringe, they always look so pretty and cute. but my hair is apparently growing in some weird 'cows lick' (god knows) which means i cant have one. sniff. damn you normal haired people...

Don't feel bad, Bells. I have a cowlick at the back of my head, and one just above my right temple, so my hair always looks silly.

But as for bangs causing breakouts, when I had them I used to break out on my forehead. I don't know if it was because I kept touching my face when I pushed my hair out of my eyes, or because I was using gel and/or hair spray, or what, but I decided never to have bangs again.

These days, I just pull my hair into a ponytail, and slap on a headband to keep it all off my face (and to hold down that damn front 'lick). My boyfriend hates it--he thinks I look nicer with it down--but it's so much easier, and I break out less this way.

UGLY ass hairstyle.

LOL You know I honestly thought that before but now it just seems prettier to me :), and thankyou Acne_Battle i'll keep an eye out for SLS... Judging by the responses and from what I know about my skin, I wont get a fringe :cool:

UGLY ass hairstyle.

LOL You know I honestly thought that before but now it just seems prettier to me :), and thankyou Acne_Battle i'll keep an eye out for SLS... Judging by the responses and from what I know about my skin, I wont get a fringe :cool:

Stupid Persian. Fringes/Bangs is the bane of his life. :snooty:

UGLY ass hairstyle.

I don't like you today. :(

I got bangs and i didn't break out

Pantene is not the best shampoo for your hair. My hairdresser used to strongly urge me to stop using it because it was ruining my hair

what helps me is not putting product in bangs when styling and pinning them back when you sleep. if you use a lot of product in your hair try sleeping in a ponytail/changing pillowcase frequently

that helped me a little bit

basically i just like to ramble,

but its safe.

UGLY ass hairstyle.

Stupid Persian. Fringes/Bangs is the bane of his life. :snooty:

UGLY ass hairstyle.

I don't like you today. :(

:boohoo:

Bangs/fringe never broke me out. I just didn't like the way hair felt against oily skin so kept it up a lot. Honestly, I don't think hair brushing your face is going to be that irritating unless it's course, like a guy's stubble or for some odd reason...you're rubbing your unshaven legs against your face. Hehe.