Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zarabell

Ogabi Skincare for Adults

As anyone in their late 30s or early 40s tried using Obagi Skincare system for Acne recently? Im thinking about trying, have never really had bad acne before and have sensitive skin, so am wondering if its too drying and irritating........

Thanks all!!

SS

Well, I'm 27, but I'll give you my opinion anyway -- you can take it or leave it. ;) I've been using Obagi Clenziderm for sensitive/dry skin for 3 weeks now. In the pamphlets you get about their products, they show these wonderful results after week 2, but 3 weeks in & my skin is still a mess with huge cysts everywhere. My skin is dry already & getting to the point where it's starting to wrinkle a little bit (probably due to so many years of harsh acne products!), so I was concerned about the BP doing even more damage. The doctor assured me that because the BP was liquefied, it would go straight to my pores & not damage the surface & that the kit for dry skin would be gentle. It really isn't though. :( My skin is raw, red, & flaky and no amount of moisturizer is helping. I'm going to stick with it a little bit longer though, because I don't think it's fair to judge a product or treatment based on only 3 weeks of use. But... if your concern is irritating your skin, yes, it does do that.

If you still want to try it, I would recommend buying a sample/travel size kit online. I got one for $25 -- just do a quick Google search & you'll find a few places selling them. I'm glad I did -- that way, I could see how my skin reacted before investing in the full-size kit.