Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sid99

accutane and dryness

Hi guys I started on accutane 40mg a week back, I am at 74kg weight so about 0.5/kg.

I noticed that my skin is less oily but its still not dry. Its definitely reduced however but I still have some oil. My lips are kind of chapped when I dont apply any balm on them.

I just wanted to know if my skin will get any more dry because I feel as long as theres oil I will still break out as I have been doing mildly these few days. Will the oil reduce further as I continue or will it just stay like this?

I would think your oil will stop shortly, mine did around day 11 and my oil was so bad before starting my course. I had to wash my hair on a daily basis because if not it would look all dirty. I had to blot my face with oil sheets like 5 times a day, no joke. Now just for giggles I will blot my face and there is absolutely no oil on the sheet it is awesome. I can also wash my hair every 2-3 days. You will get dry as the course progresses. For instance I am starting my 3rd month soon and my arms are so dry when before I started tane my arms were never dry. You will get dry so make sure you are moisturizing everywhere!!!! Even though you may feel you don't need to now you will thanks yourself in the long run that you moisturized because once you get dry you GET WAY DRY!