Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cupcake_19

Bio oil vs pure Vitamin E oil

I was at Walmart today and I saw both of them on the shelves. AT first at got the pure Vitamin E oil... then I saw Bio Oil and bought that instead...

Anyone tried any of these two... did I make the wrong decision in picking Bio oil over vitamin e?

bio oil contains:

Ingredients

Paraffinum Liquidum, Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Bht, Bisabolol, Parfum, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexane Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Ci 26100.

so obviously more stuff but i'm not sure on which is better

I tried a whole massive bottle of Bio Oil. A generous amount, once a night for about 5 or 6 months. It did improve the feel of my skin and reduced the dryness a lot, and made it feel more elastic, BUT it did nothing at all for my red marks, and leaves greasy marks on EVERYTHING, keyboard, mouse, pillows, bedsheets, door handles...

Vitamin E Oil is better, Bio oil has a ton of bad shit in it

Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil - Skin irritant

Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil - pore clogger

Bht - carcinogen (can cause cancer/free radicals)

Parfum - skin irritant

plus tocopherol acetate is just vitamin E, which has helped my red marks a lot

i find bio oil to be too greasy,waaaaay too greasy. it always worked relatively well though until i put it on this red mark once and right below where i applied it i co-incidentally got a big blocked pore so i havnt used it since and am terrified to do so :shifty:

I am using Vit E at the moment.. It has reduced redness before, but this new stuff I got(25,000ui) hasn't made an impact.. Odd..

The last bottle of bio oil I had was so damn oily.. Would barely stay on my face. Got it from Walgreens.

hey guy to whoever is saying bio oil is way too greasy.

you only need to use a couple of drops. I think you were over applying the oil.

you have to rub it in really good and then let it soak into your skin.