Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so my guy friend is so weird. one day he'll be telling me how pretty i am or how much he likes my whatever he likes that day, and the next he'll be putting me down, telling me what i need to fix. usually it's nothing that makes me too angry, it's usually just something like telling me not to cut my hair because he likes girls with longer hair or whatever. but TODAY i was eating some chocolate and i thought it got on my lips so i asked him "is there chocolate on my face?" and he said "no, but there's pimples on your face, and you'll just get more if you keep eating chocolate." like 1) THEY'RE SCARS DUMBASS, I ONLY HAVE A FEW BLACKHEADS 2) I HAD CYSTIC ACNE. IT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH NOT TAKING CARE OF MY SKIN, IT'S GENETIC AND THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT BUT WAIT IT OUT. One time I had a stranger make a comment about my face but even my enemies don't stoop so low as to bring up how my face looks. I got mad at him and he said sarcastically "oh, i don't mean it, you look like a movie star." AND THEN LATER HE WAS TRYING TO HAVE A REGULAR CONVERSATION WITH ME AS IF HE HADN;T BEEN TOTALLY DISGUSTING BEFORE. ugh. should i ever talk to him again?

I think you need to meditate for awhile and come back when you have calmed down.

But since this is the emo section I will get out my emo/hippie side and tell you that the world loves you. peace

that is so rude, no one should speak to you like that let alone a so called friend! he probably just tries to take you down a peg because he's feeling bad about himself, i always think nasty spiteful comments like that come from the persons own insecurities. and maybe he doesnt know how much your skin bothers you and just thought he was being funny? still it doesnt excuse it, let him know how much it hurt your feelings and make sure he knows it should never happen again

Don't go OTT just yet; I'm going to guess that he's probably one of the lucky ones who hasn't had the privilege of this wonderous condition we call acne, or at least not to the extent of you or me. So he won't have a clue about the way it makes people feel. So just take it on the chin, and if it really bothers you talk to him about it. He sounds like a good friend, so he should be understanding about the whole thing.

I feel when people make stupid comments like that it is because they feel bad about themselves and are trying to take others down to their level. Either that or he does not know what it feels like to have acne either way if he is a friend he should not act like that. Friends don't bring others down.

thats messed up, but people who never experienced acne generaly dont seem to understand how personal it can be to someone. I say just talk to him about it.

I'm sorry your friend is like that :(. I think you should talk with him calmly, and tell him to stop saying things about your looks because it's honestly putting you down. I guess if you trust him you'll be able to tell him, it's never easy, but it sure will help your relationship! good luck gurl :comfort:

one time my friend made this comment to me also "wow alexa i see you broke out bad "

-

"oh thanks i didnt notice until you told me."

just try to laugh it off, youll only stress yourself out and cause a breakout over dumb people

i hate guys who degrade women, even if it's something seemingly harmless, and then pretend like they said nothing wrong!

but on the flipside.. there are girls who treat guys like shit as well..

it goes both ways

maybe some do, but me..........i treat my guys very very nice.

true, girls can be vicious as well. the one gf i've had was probably more vicious than any bf about looks!

Why is this thread called STUPID STUPID GUYS! Instead of STUPID STUPID GUY. That was only one person.

Anyways, that was rude, but he obviously didn't know you'd be so offended by it. And he probably wished he hadn't said it.

If there aren't any actual pimples on your face, he probably knows that and didn't think you'd get offended by him making a comment about your acne now that you don't actually have it anymore.

I had a friend that used to tell me how disgustingly fat I was every single day.

He was joking, but I didn't know that, and I really took it personally.

One day, when all I brought for lunch was Slim-Fast, he was like, "WTF? You aren't fat! Why are you drinking that?"

He told me he wouldn't have joked about stuff like that if I actually had been fat because it would have "really hurt my feelings."

Boys are silly, and tact isn't a strong suit for most of them.