Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone

I use peroxide to whiten my teeth, and was wondering what would happen if you used it on your face, and washed it off in a few seconds. Would this help red marks?

Just curious, seems risky though. Thanks for any input or feedback.

I wouldn't use peroxde on your teeth or face. It will harm the enamel on your teeth and only make them yellow and sensitive in the long run and it will burn your face

Don't do it. There are gentler methods out there

Oh, I thought it was a gentle method, compared to things like lemon, because of how acidic they are. What are some "gentler methods" ?

Oh, I thought it was a gentle method, compared to things like lemon, because of how acidic they are. What are some "gentler methods" ?

THere are many products targeted at reducing scars i.e. bio oil (some people are ok using this but some people find that it makes them break out) Vitamin e is renowned for healing the skin and fading scars.

Natural remedies such as honey are supposed to help and I know that you have mentioned lemon juice but it is supposed to lighten the scar tissue.

Exfoliating is also renowned for scar

There are also may treatments out there e.g. microdermabrasion

Good luck x

Holistic dentists recomend whitening teeth with "food grade hydrogen peroxide", but one must dilute it 3 to 1 (1 being the hydrogen peroxide). The only catch is that one can't do this if there is mental in their mouths. It's suppose to be more safer and natural then the bleaching agents used in the mainstream dental offices and drug stores.

Remember if you can't pronounce the ingredient it's not something that you want to use or eat!