Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I've been using mineral make-up for a long time now to cover my spots and many many read marks!. I paint it on with a concealer brush every morning and it takes about 40 minutes!!!

I'm going to Glastonbury next week and it obviously won't be practical to spend this amount time and I won't be able to see so well to do it anyway.

Does anyone have any advice on foundations that last well, have pretty good coverage (I'm very fair but my red marks are really quite red) and won't clog my skin? I get flaky bits too sometimes so one that goes on easily would also be good.

I've heard the maybelline ones are good. I've got the dream mat mouse but it seems to stick in the flaky bits on my skin.

Thanks

If I were you I would get Dermablend. I haven't tried it, but it looks just lovely. And has great reviews.

Bring a waterproof makeup bag and lots of clean towels. Glastonbury can be a huge mud pit depending on the weather and the insanity of the people there.

i wouldnt bother with make up. it will be dirty there so it'll just get ruined anyway! let your skin breathe and have fun!!!

Oh yeah, if Glastonbury is anything like Bonnaroo in the states, EVERYONE gets sweaty, gross, and crappy looking and everyone will be too fucked up to notice your skin.

Wear a bit of waterproof mascara to draw attention to your eyes, a bit of lip gloss, and maybe even some undereye concealer if you need it.

If you're going to wear any kind of makeup on your entire face, I would only recommend something like a light tinted moisturizer with sunscreen to even your skin tone and protect your skin from sun damage. Sunscreen is definitely essential. I mean, at least wear a hat or something.

Besides, think about it, if you've got clumpy, running, or flaky foundation or more zits from wearing loads of makeup to a festival, then people will be more likely to notice that.