Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Miss Kate

Summer Time : Mineral Makeup?

Well, it's that time of year again: SUMMER.

The time to wear short skirts, revealing shirts, hats, sunscreen and... Mineral makeup?

I'll admit; I've never been great with taking care of my skin but I'm seventeen now with mild acne that's really starting to clear up. I have oily skin with some dry areas and have finally managed to find good skin care products that work for me, but I've always had problems with makeup.

Especially during the hot summer days.

I've read about mineral makeup, saying that it's just good makeup in general. I really wanna try some, but I'm lost with picking out the right kind. Also, I'm pretty fair; and burning (and then tanning) is very normal for me.

Can anybody suggest any light mineral makeup that would be good for me?

All help is appreciated! :D

-Miss Kate

Thanks, but do you know if Everyday Minerals is available in Canada?

It's available online at www.everydayminerals.com. I live in Canada, and it usually takes about one to two weeks to receive my order, of course it depends on which area of the country you live in. The sample kit is free (you just pay for shipping), so it's a great way to try out the makeup and see if it's for you. If you're worried about finding the right shade, you can post a picture of yourself in natural light, on the forums on the EM website, and the girls there will be very helpful in helping you narrow it down. The kit comes with three foundations, one concealer, and a face colour.. and you can order as many kits as you like. It's probably the most popular mineral makeup on these boards, I definitely recommend giving it a try ;)

Thank you, I'll be sure to check it out.

And I was wondering; has anyone tried L’Oreal Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation?

Is it good?

I haven't tried the L'Oreal Bare Naturale, but my mom has, and we have the same skin (or she did, hers were the PMS type breakouts, like mine. She's not so young anymore...lol). She loves it! I didn't notice that she had makeup on.