Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jen121

How many grams of carbs & fat is suggested per day?

I tried the low carb thing by only eating meats, veggies, fruits, seeds, and nuts.. but I hated the way it make me feel spacey and irritatble. I felt like my brain was in a constant fog.

I was wondering how many grams of carbs would be enough for me to have enough energy and feel focused?

Also I was curious about what a good amount of fat is? I use ALOT of olive oil and sometimes use avocados and eat fatty fish like salmon.

Basically I am looking to find a healthy fat/protein/carb ratio.

Anyone knowledgable in this area?

I consume about 500-1000 g of carbs and 250 g of fat a day.

damn, thats crazy. my fat intake is up there with you but 500-1000 g carbs. thats insane. I think id explode haha. I don't think Jen here is bodybuilding like you though.

Jen, suprisingly you have gottenno responses really but I think you are going to get such varied and opposed opinions that it is likely to offer little help. My best advice would be to eat what makes you feel good, as silly and obvious as that sounds. I was trying to follow other peoples' diets and regimens and finally said fuck it. I found what works for me. I have no idea what the ratios are. IMO, if you feel good, clear-minded with lots of energy than thats what is right for you. You shouldnt be eating a diet that makes you feel spacey, thats a sign your body is either overloaded with something or lacking something it needs. Try to make different meals throughout the day with different levels of fat, protein, and carbs. make a conscious effort to really think how that meal makes you feel right away, in an hour, 2 hours, etc. Thats the best advice I can give you for finding the right balance for YOU. I don't think you want to follow Necromancer's diet, you might explode like me.

Haha, okay thanks.

I have been feeling pretty good with how I've been eating lately. I guess I was just concerned with the high amount of fat I've been consuming and the very little amount of carbs. I don't want my muscles to be used up for energy (ketosis).

Thanks and if anyone else has input I would be glad to hear.

BTW: I am very small (100 pounds) and active but not a weight lifter ;)

Dont worry too much about the fat if your on a low carb diet. If your feeling spacey try eating at least around 15-20g of carbs at each meal. Carrots, onions, avocados, tomatoes are all good sources for healthy carbs. If you have candida it makes the situation a little more complicated. If you have candida and start an anti-candida diet the organism actually has the ability to produce toxins that can make you feel lightheaded, thus tricking your brain/body to crave carbs/sugar like a madman.

Haha, okay thanks.

I have been feeling pretty good with how I've been eating lately. I guess I was just concerned with the high amount of fat I've been consuming and the very little amount of carbs. I don't want my muscles to be used up for energy (ketosis).

Thanks and if anyone else has input I would be glad to hear.

BTW: I am very small (100 pounds) and active but not a weight lifter ;)

Ketosis is actually when FAT is used for energy. That is what happens when you consume low carb (like less than 50g a day). Most people who go on ketogenic diets actually carb-up on the weekends. Some do it with completely shitty food. Some do it with oats, sweet potatoe, and brown rice only.

I would say you should eat about 2000cals a day (since you are only 100lbs). If you want to be on a low carb diet, I would suggest

50g carb

100g protein

155g fat

This is all an estimate really. That would make it 10% carbs, 20% protein, and 70% fat. You could eat more protein and less fat as well. I suggest reading up on the "Anabolic Diet" for more details.