Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey everybody.

so after years of using cheap makeup brushes i've decided to buy a few MAC brushes.

i was just wondering which ones are the best? i'm mostly concerned with how my foundation and powder looks. i use the studio fix fluid to cover my scars up.

i don't really need any brushes for my eyes/lips, at least not right now. lol

thanks so much. :wub:

I've heard a lot of good things about the MAC 187 stippling brush. Personally, I think you should buy the long handled kabuki or the flat top from Everyday Minerals. Natural bristle brushes are way too expensive and harsh on my skin.

check out the reviews of the mac 187 here: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showrev...nToneType=/ID=/

i dont think ive ever seen 93% of 383 make up alley reviewers agree on one thing! its supposed to be absolutely brilliant for liquid foundation so id recommend that. though as jolian says i think the everyday minerals flat top is probably quite similar and way cheaper. you could try a kabuki to dust your powder over the top, from everyday minerals probably, as the mac powder brushes are soo expensive.

check out the reviews of the mac 187 here: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showrev...nToneType=/ID=/

i dont think ive ever seen 93% of 383 make up alley reviewers agree on one thing! its supposed to be absolutely brilliant for liquid foundation so id recommend that. though as jolian says i think the everyday minerals flat top is probably quite similar and way cheaper. you could try a kabuki to dust your powder over the top, from everyday minerals probably, as the mac powder brushes are soo expensive.

I own both the 187 and the everyday minerals flat top and I think the brushes are extremely different.

I adore the 187 and its one of the best cosmetic purchases Ive ever made - I'm assuming you're using MAC makeup? the 187 is works great for both Studio Tech and Studio Fix (190 works great for Studio Tech too). Don't get me wrong, the EM Flat top is great too, but I've only used it with mineral makeup so I'm not going to suggest it with anything else. It would help to know what kind of makeup your using, and the type of coverage you're looking for.

i agree with marsbars. i own both as well, and they are way different. the mac 187 brush is for lighter coverage. it would be great with the studio fix fluid since it's such a heavy foundation. i used the mac 190 foundation brush when i used studio fix fluid and loved it. the em flat top brush provides much heavier coverage, and i don't think i would use it with anything other than powder-based make-up. anyway, mac brushes, in my opinion, are worth the money. i've loved all of my mac brushes, and they've lasted me forever. you're best bang for the buck is to buy a set. often times, they'll have sets of a few brushes for much less than they would cost individually.

i just got one and it almost makes me want to go back to my liquid foundation just to make it worth the money! i feel im kinda wasting it on my minerals! lulubelle or anyone else using minerals that owns a 187, do you ever use it to apply them? do you think the everyday minerals flat top would be better? its so soft and lovely, i want to use it for something!

i just got one and it almost makes me want to go back to my liquid foundation just to make it worth the money! i feel im kinda wasting it on my minerals! lulubelle or anyone else using minerals that owns a 187, do you ever use it to apply them? do you think the everyday minerals flat top would be better? its so soft and lovely, i want to use it for something!

Unfortunately when I switched to mineral makeup, I stopped using my 187 for foundation. I tried to make it work, but the flat top or the long handled kabuki just apply it so much better. I use my 187 for finishing powder or blush now (works really really well for blush!).

thanks so much ladies. :wub:

i'm gonna go buy the 187 (for MAC liquid foundation) & the 129 (for powders/blush) tomorrow from a MAC store. possibly the 194 (for concealing), but i've read mixed things about it so i'm not sure on that one yet.

also, i think i may start a new post about this question, but i thought i'd ask on here anyways since you ladies are talking about everyday minerals. so here goes;

is it really worth it? i've tried bare minerals and it was okay. they didn't really have a good color for me. (i'm light, i'm a NC15 in MAC makeup) and i like being light. I don't like tan. haha. but anyways, yeah that was awhile ago. and it made me kinda itchy and it was just really uncomfortable to wear. i also tried 'sheer cover' and it was HORRIBLE. i returned both of these products ASAP. so ever since then i've been kinda MEH about mineral makeup.

but i want something EASY to apply with a decent coverage. when i need to run to the gym/store really quick i don't always feel like taking 30 minutes to do my makeup. so yeah.

your opinions on everyday minerals would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks sooo much again. :surprised:

thanks so much ladies. :wub:

i'm gonna go buy the 187 (for MAC liquid foundation) & the 129 (for powders/blush) tomorrow from a MAC store. possibly the 194 (for concealing), but i've read mixed things about it so i'm not sure on that one yet.

also, i think i may start a new post about this question, but i thought i'd ask on here anyways since you ladies are talking about everyday minerals. so here goes;

is it really worth it? i've tried bare minerals and it was okay. they didn't really have a good color for me. (i'm light, i'm a NC15 in MAC makeup) and i like being light. I don't like tan. haha. but anyways, yeah that was awhile ago. and it made me kinda itchy and it was just really uncomfortable to wear. i also tried 'sheer cover' and it was HORRIBLE. i returned both of these products ASAP. so ever since then i've been kinda MEH about mineral makeup.

but i want something EASY to apply with a decent coverage. when i need to run to the gym/store really quick i don't always feel like taking 30 minutes to do my makeup. so yeah.

your opinions on everyday minerals would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks sooo much again. :surprised:

I feel like a mac brush whore right now, but I also own the 194. I've used it for liquid, cream, and powder (mineral) concealer and I have no complaints! It's a great brush for covering red-marks, and discolouration. The only negative I can think of is if you need it to cover large areas, like dark under-eyes.. because its a very narrow brush, so a bigger concealer brush might work better.

As for your EM question, I say it is very worth it. I've tried two other mineral make up's.. ocean mist.. and one other that I can remember, but I'm glad I didn't give up on minerals because I absolutely adore Everyday Minerals. It doesn't contain bismuth so it wont make you itch like Bare Minerals did.

And I don't take anywhere near 30 minutes to apply my EM, it takes me 10 minutes max for concealer and foundation.

I really recommend that you give EM a try.. the sample kits are free afterall! All you have to lose is a couple dollars for shipping!

i just got one and it almost makes me want to go back to my liquid foundation just to make it worth the money! i feel im kinda wasting it on my minerals!

Use the 187 to apply your wet mineral makeup. I'm sure it'll work well :dance: .

Guest kiwikali

OMGG all you ladies who are reading this HAAAVVVEEE to get the MAC 187 Duo Fibre Brush, or called a stippling brush. it's AMAZING for liquid, powder, cream, or anything in between foundation. even loose or pressed powder. seriously it makes you look poreless and flawless! i loooovee it, and don't get the Sephora brand stippling brush, it looks the same, but it sheds and isn't as soft. :D i love MAC!!!