Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stephen*

Finnished Month 1 Accutane.....But...

Hey, just finnished Accutane month 1 :)

I have to say, it worked and im happy in that sense as i have no acne, no oily skin and skin is alot smoother :D

However, i had to stop it after month one due to the sun being really strong here in the UK recently, and i was burning really badly even with SPF. So i saw my dermatologist on tuesday who said it was best for me to stop until after the summer, but before the worst of the winter (cold air ect). Which is fine by me :)

She prescribed me a different sun block (E45) and Doxycycline 100mg twice a day. Also she gave me a weak hydrocortisone (2.5%) to reduce any redness/soreness from the sun that i may get (from either accutane or doxy). She said hydrocortisone may aggrevate my acne in the traditional sense, but since i have been on accutane it shouldnt as the pores of my skin wont absorb it, but treat the outer dermis.

On the accutane front, it worked really well for the month i was on it. Oily skin has gone, acne has gone, compelxion looks good, red marks healing :D

Shame about the sun.

Bring on post summer accutane :D

feel free to ask me any questions.

I'm on accutane also in the UK. Why don't you just stay out of the sun? When you go outside, walk in the shadows, ninja style. I can teach you.

lol i tried that

walked under trees/by hedges, even walked on the side of the road where the houses blocked the sun.

But the time i didnt spend in the sun (aka no shade) i burnt.

:(

hey stephen, im also in the UK started on accutane almost a week ago. Results seem to be good although im having a minor IB but the oil on my skin is reducing. Its a shame your hvaing to stop the accutane as I think summer is the best time to do apart from the sun. I would have thoguht you could avoid the sun and invest in a high spf (60+). I try and go out mainly in the evening and when I go work I normally hit the tube so I am save from the sun. Well anyway good luck, hope things go well!

I am living in China and about 90% of Chinese woman walk around with umbellas on sunny days and since starting accutane I have started to do it too. I know it would look really silly to walk around with an umblella on a sunny day anywhere else but here it is normal. I even see men doing it sometimes too. If you dont mind looking strange you could try it.

Meh. I think it would have been better to stay out of the sun as much as possible and just sue the sunblock she gave you now with highest SPF which I think is 70.