Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrFabolous

Which spices are OK to use?

Hello.

I would like to know which spices I can use for my meat etc. or perhaps my eggs.

I don't got any spices in my food right now. Im doing a complete elimination diet and starting from the basic nutritions, because im fighting candida.

But what spices could I add later on?

Salt? I know it has to be sea-salt with no iodine, but would this be safe to add in small moderations?

Like I could use something on my beef, or a little over my eggs. Perhaps roast some almonds in a little salt and that would be it.

What about cayennepepper? Would that be safe to use aswell?

I don't like stuff like Oregano that much, so i'll avoid that.

Do you got other suggestions?

And I can also use a bit of sea salt?

Im not quite sure about all this iodine vs acne thing. People who are prone to get too much iodine, are those the ones who eat sushi all the time and using iodinized salt together with multivitamin with kelp and so on?

I really dont want to overload on iodine.

Im not quite sure about all this iodine vs acne thing. People who are prone to get too much iodine, are those the ones who eat sushi all the time and using iodinized salt together with multivitamin with kelp and so on?

Jay Cutler uses it and he is clear and Mr Olympia. I'm about to get on it too when I can find it in a grocery store. He drowns everything he eats in that stuff. :)

Jay Cutler uses it and he is clear and Mr Olympia. I'm about to get on it too when I can find it in a grocery store. He drowns everything he eats in that stuff. :)

Im not going to overuse it. Hehe. Just thought that salt without iodine couldnt be too bad :P

Of course can add sea salt :) , wont give acne

I never never saw that salt gives acne. , sure is bad for ur blood if to much. :)

Yes, try and find some unrefined sea salt; this is the stuff with trace minerals, etc. that are beneficial. I wouldn't worry too much about the iodine-acne connection; 1st of all it seems to be more prone in females (thyroid conditions in general do) and 2nd even in "iodized table salt" the iodine levels are basically just low enough to prevent goiter (I've read a few studies where levels of iodine in table salt are even lower than they thought now).

As far as other spices, you really can't go wrong IMO with most of them (just see what works for you). But IMO you want to avoid some "mixes" as some I've seen contain soybean oil.

As far as I'm concerned, if I'm going to "suffer" by restricting my diet to fruits, veggies, eggs, and nuts, I'm going to go NUTS (hah... sorry...) with spices & herbs. My boyfriend teases me about it, like "oh, you don't eat berries with cinnamon for breakfast, you eat cinnamon flavored with berries!" But I'm the one laughing - my face just keeps getting nicer & nicer. :)

So go bananas! :banana: (heehee - sorry!) You might want to avoid "spice" mixes, as those tend contain MSG as the chief ingredient. And, unless you're like me, use a little common sense of course regarding how liberally you use seasonings. No need to eat a salt bowl flavored with broccolli! :P

Salt is not the most healthiest thing to use whether it's table salt or sea salt it's extremely hard on a person's kidneys.

I personally love cayenne pepper...and it's so healthy for the entire body...it really unblocks any blockage in the body!

I like putting 1/2 tsp. of cayenne in a jar with 2 glasses of water and freshly juiced lemon and lime....shake and drink first thing in the morning! Great for the kidneys and giving me a boost before my morning smoothie!

ciaobella88

Why fight candida? Why not do a reallly great bowel cleanse to kill the candida ?

I really recomend wwwherbdoc.com the products and all the cleanses are really great and work so good! (I've had candida for such a long time and this was the only thing that worked for me)

The cleanse is for 5 days, but depending onl how bad your candida is you may need to do more then one, but that's all good, because his bowel cleanse does so much more!

Also really good to take alot of raw garlic for candida, along with echinacea plus from Dr.Schultze (wwwherbdoc.com) He also sells unbelivably hot cayenne pepper! His products are reallly clean...and organic!

One has to remember that candida can alwalys come back...so it's alwalys good to continue taking raw garlic (he sells a product for the garlic breath)...and a DF (dairy free) accidophilus (a company called Metagenics makes great accidophilus)

ciaobella