Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stratmom

Does anything really fill in the post-acne pitting?

Yesterday I posted this in the wrong forum (sorry, didn't see this forum!)

I had moderately bad acne in my 20s (I'm now in my late 40s).

Between a short stint of Tetracycline in my 20s, and birth control pills in my 20s, 30s, and 40s, my acne got under control and now it's gone.

But I'm left with pitting on my cheeks (mainly in the hollow underneath my cheekbones). My family lovingly tells me that it's not really noticeable, but c'mon, it's there. I can see it. It may not be as deep as some people's but I don't have smooth skin anymore.

Is there anything that can be done for the pitting that is left over after the acne disappears? I tried injections a few years ago (I think it was Restyline or something like that) but the effects were only temporary.

Just wondering.... I can live with my face looking the way it does. It's not terrible. But it would be so nice if it could somehow be made smooth again. Or is that just not possible?

Hi there,

I'm not sure if I have an answer for you, but have you looked into topical options? retin a is supposed to be the most effective for scarring, but it can also be harsh on the face and can cause bad initial breakouts. I'm using azelex which doesn't usually case an IB and is very gentle...i think i see it helping with some of my scarred pores, maybe you should give it a try.

Topical cream only helps on things like discoloration, uneven texture etc. For real scarring, you need to get real treatments(laser, dermbrasion, filler ...)