Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
614joe

Does your face clear during Summer time or is it just mine?

EVERY summer my face clears.

ALL fall winter and spring my face has acne (clear at random times during then for sum reason)

but summer it starts to clear and stays clear pretty much ALLLL summer.

i dont know why, its weird and i dont like it right now because my first derm. app. is next week and my face is clearing up pretty fast, i want tane. but since its summer my face will be clear and will have no need for it.... i dont kno . this 1st derm is comming at a bad time lol

but back to the sun, does anyone else get clear durring summer or while being out in the sun??

because in the summer im out in the sun more and i dont know if that has to do with why my acne is clearing up or what because im out in the sun for most of the day

but other than that during everyother season my acne on my face bouces around from mild to moderate to sever to moderate back to sever to mild to moderate lol it just bounces around.

but summer im clear.....amazing lol

Maybe your body is making the right amount of Vitamin D...I dunno. The sun definitely helps my acne in summer.

Cold weather insults my skin and makes it dryer and more acne prone. Hot humid weather makes my skin extremely happy, regardless of sun exposure.

Yeah, my skin is always better in the summer.. I'm sure a lot of it is the sun and being more active and generally in a better mood from good weather :P

I need to hit the beach though, sea water always helps my skin tone really well and that's exactly what I need...I'm acne free I just have marks/spots in certain areas that I'm sure a day or 2 at the beach a week would help

Wow, I guess I'm a freak... My skin absolutely hates the sun/heat. Rashes, itchiness, pimples, general irritation :redface: ... I wear a huge hat, bathe in sunblock, and stay out of it. Then again, I do have rosacea and a pending PMLE diagnosis, so that would probably make sense. :confused:

I can totally stop worrying about my skin in cooler climates- it's like it just takes care of itself and I don't have to fight it.

Oh well. At least I won't have wrinkles by the time I'm of legal drinking age, haha...

be careful your not correlating a tan with better skin. Any sun damage is damage period - it may tempory make things look more even and nices but long term it will screw you!... warm weather on the otherhand may make skin look better - cold weather can be notorious for dryness and sensitivity.

Gearhead; im going to south carolina ;myrtle beach. in a week.so im going to get my share of sea salt water and hot ness lol

Aria; yea same here, i usualy have a couple small pimples in summer or even clear.

right now isent a good start, i just got a group of 5 hurting cysts on my chin and a cyst on my nose. they came out of no where lol.

but im sorry to hear for the people that dont get anybetter during summer.

Yesss! I breakout so bad in the winter and fall and once it starts getting warm out and in summer i get so much clearer!

My skin clears up in the summer too. As soon as school began again it was like pimple city. I am out in the sun all the time. It helps when it is hot, but i don't know what to do the rest of the year. It is getting better actually...i have been consistent in using my acne products, and not touching my face, so maybe this is the beginning of an acne free life :pray:

One thing I do not want to do is go to the doc. for acne...

My skin gets worse in the summer, but I really think it has something to do with me getting up late and saying "Screw it I don't want to take a shower today" and then end up not washing my face or brushing my teeth, and end up with super oily skin, pimples, bad breath, and major B.O. But I have a routine during the schoolyear, so my face generally clears up.

Mine clears up pretty good during the summer unless I work in heat, like at Goodwill it was freaking HOT. But generally, my skin's pretty good that season. It starts to bust out during fall and winter though, so extremely that it makes me want to cry. Lately, it's been pretty good though, but I can feel a large one coming in the middle of my chin. Not cool.

My face starts to break out more during the summer I think. I can't really tell because the last 2 falls (up until about january or so) I've been on Accutane and so my skin was clear for most of winter into spring. Then as soon as June/july comes around my face is back to being really oily and breaking out. The weather here changed only recently and now highs typical only reach about 60.

I don't think weather has a huge effect on my skin but I'd prefer it to be cool outside. When it's too hot my face tends to flush and that irritates it.