Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I just got off Accutane last month and everything was 100% clear except for this one cyst that decided to sprout last minute an inch from my nose (sigh). It stuck around for about a week, inflamed, pus-filled (all that good stuff) until it finally popped itself one night. Although I got most of the "gunk" out, the skin lesion still appeared raw and mildly inflamed. Assuming that this was just part of the healing process I let it be...one week...two weeks...no progress? All that remained was the same semi-raised raw skin that looked just the same as ever.

I decided to see my GP who prescribed me an oral antibiotic (cephalexin) and a topical antibiotic with a steroid (Fucidin H). It had been about 4 days since I had been using that combination of drugs before I decided that I saw no improvement whatsoever. Getting anxious, I called my derm, who told me that the cyst is pretty much dead and only scar tissue remained, therefore a cortisone shot would be of no help...this is not what I wanted to hear. She pretty much said I needed to wait it out.

I am wondering if anyone else had a similar raised scar leftover form a cyst. It's smack dab in the middle of my face and is quite red and embarrassing. Does anyone have any ideas of how to treat this? Would Mederma help since this is a hypertrophic scar?

Need advice... :doubt:

I am having the same problem right now, except I have more than one. Maybe 5-6?

I am considering getting IPL done, maybe that will do something.

I have one on my upper lip that is still a bit open(and occasionally bleed) and it's two wks old!

I also had one on my cheek that was raised and black.

I know i shouldn't do this, but I poked a hold in the middle of the black scar with a sanitized

needle, and omg, blackish red blood poured out of that little hole like a nosebleed...!

It was sooooooooo scary. but it did flatten.

I have tried everything on it, inc. fucidin, polysporin, cicaplast (from LA ROCHE POSAY),

aloe vera, differin, LA MER concentrate (a sample, cuz it's like $400!), kaolin clay...

NOTHING worked or helped.

My mom says it's best to just leave it alone, so that's what i'm doing. Learning to be patient..

My derm said IPL would help, but I don't know...I did book an appmt though.

I will let you know if that helps at all.

just wanted you to know you are not alone.. h

I am having the same problem right now, except I have more than one. Maybe 5-6?

I am considering getting IPL done, maybe that will do something.

I have one on my upper lip that is still a bit open(and occasionally bleed) and it's two wks old!

I also had one on my cheek that was raised and black.

I know i shouldn't do this, but I poked a hold in the middle of the black scar with a sanitized

needle, and omg, blackish red blood poured out of that little hole like a nosebleed...!

It was sooooooooo scary. but it did flatten.

I have tried everything on it, inc. fucidin, polysporin, cicaplast (from LA ROCHE POSAY),

aloe vera, differin, LA MER concentrate (a sample, cuz it's like $400!), kaolin clay...

NOTHING worked or helped.

My mom says it's best to just leave it alone, so that's what i'm doing. Learning to be patient..

My derm said IPL would help, but I don't know...I did book an appmt though.

I will let you know if that helps at all.

just wanted you to know you are not alone.. h

Thanks for your response, it's good to know that I'm not the only one. I have also tried Polysporin, Differin, Cicaplast, tea tree oil, and all to no avail. I recently ordered some Mederma scar gel on e-bay so I'll try that for a few months and see how that goes. I have a derm appointment in July so I'm gonna see if she has any more ideas...I just really don't know what to do now...

Let me know how your treatment goes...

Any other thoughts/experiences would be appreciated!