Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roxy250

Stopped the Regimen for Good. Read

Im a 17 year old male.. I been on the regimen for over 8 months with mild inflammatory acne and the results have been good but I never was 100% clear...the bp made my skin very dry at times and flakey... and tonight for the first time i said Frig it im no longer going to do this forever applying benzoyl peroxide gently on my face every single night of my life lol.. I bought a gentle Sayclic acid wash to exfoliate my skin twice a day and thats all im using on my face. I appreciate what this board has taught me and I give big thanks to Dan and brandy and everyone else for the support.. I really think what Dan is doing is a great thing and hes a very genuine person.. Im not saying the regimen is bad it certaintly is effective, but its just not for me anymore im just letting go and growing up. Just wanted to put my two cents in and I hope everying can understand my real talk. God Bless.

Im a 17 year old male.. I been on the regimen for over 8 months with mild inflammatory acne and the results have been good but I never was 100% clear...the bp made my skin very dry at times and flakey... and tonight for the first time i said Frig it im no longer going to do this forever applying benzoyl peroxide gently on my face every single night of my life lol.. I bought a gentle Sayclic acid wash to exfoliate my skin twice a day and thats all im using on my face. I appreciate what this board has taught me and I give big thanks to Dan and brandy and everyone else for the support.. I really think what Dan is doing is a great thing and hes a very genuine person.. Im not saying the regimen is bad it certaintly is effective, but its just not for me anymore im just letting go and growing up. Just wanted to put my two cents in and I hope everying can understand my real talk. God Bless.

Can you please tell me if you break out like crazy after stopping?

worst thing i ever did (well maybe not ever, tad drastic, but you know) was stop applying bp and use clearasil sa products for 2 weeks. im still now dealing with the aftermath 3 months later. think back carefully to how your acne was before bp, try and be as realistic as poss. i took for granted what it was doing and thought, oh well im not 100% clear so its not working. big mistake, it was holding back an army of the little f*ers but id been using it so long id forgotten. sigh if only i could go back in time lol...

still its your decision, but id recommend at least weaning off bp instead of stopping cold turkey just to see how you react

no the thing is i dont care I live a healthy lifestyle I sleep right,exercise, eat right, so i feel like my skin can control and almost heal itself with the help of just washing with an exfoliant.. I feel like people on here are obsessed with there skin so much they feel Dans Benzoyl peroxide is the only way to go its getting funny to me.. But again i mean no disrespect to you or dan.

I also live a healthy lifestyle, and my skin isn't perfect but I was fed up of using bp (this is 2 months ago, I've been using it since I joined this site) so I stopped, and my skin got a lot worse within 2 weeks of stopping. I'm back on it now. I didn't think I was bothered about about my skin anymore, but once it started getting bad again I freaked out and realised I'd made a bad mistake.

I was really determined with stopping using bp and happy with stopping, but then it all turned out to be a mistake for me :( Took a month or so to get back on track, I'm back to being 95%-100% clear now but dealing with the red marks from the big breakout.

Good luck with stopping but just know you can always come back here for advice and please tell us how its working for you :)

you dont understand thoe.. your acne came back because it wasn't used to not having benzoyl peroxide.. once my skin gets used to a sayclic acid exfoliant wash thats all my skin is going to need.

acne happens when pores are clogged then p.acne bacteria grows to feed on it.. But if my pores aren't clogged then I wont have problems.. that why exfoliating is the best way to go because it prevents acne.

Some people have actually had very good success with quitting all topicals, there is something to the theory that sometimes medications can just aggravate acne...

Thats a possibility but for right now im just using an exfoliant wash on my face and thats it.. never using benzoyl peroxide again..

you dont understand thoe.. your acne came back because it wasn't used to not having benzoyl peroxide.. once my skin gets used to a sayclic acid exfoliant wash thats all my skin is going to need.

acne happens when pores are clogged then p.acne bacteria grows to feed on it.. But if my pores aren't clogged then I wont have problems.. that why exfoliating is the best way to go because it prevents acne.

Are you a derm? How can you say for certain what you skin is going to need? There are people that don't use anything and have clear skin.

Well, I wish you lots of luck. You know your skin better than any of us here. I have to say that most people's acne isn't quite as simple as you stated, though. I tried no treatments, just gentle cleansing and moisturizing when necessary, for a number of months years ago and it did nothing for my skin. The only thing tha thas help me is BCP and spiro since my acne is strongly related to my hormones. I hope you're one of the lucky ones who can stay clear with a regimen like the one you're doing now. Good luck to you and let us know how your new regimen works out for you. ;)

Runeblade im not trying to argue but no im not a derm.. but I know my skin well and good skin care starts with exfoliation. In the past i tried just an sa wash and i managed to get 100% clear here and there.. and thats when i was eating poorly aswell... As of now i live a very healthy lifestyle and yes i know just using this will help me.

well its been 5 days and my skin is clear.. I am just using a gentle saylicic acid exfoliant wash 2x a day. No more benzoyl peroxide ever again. I would advise people to try this if they dont like benzoyl peroxide.

Stopping BP use was the best thing i did for my face. I finally became clear after 2 years of using BP once i stopped. My skin has tone now, it's soft and supple, and i don't spend 20 minutes gooping unnecessary amounts of BP on my face. I would advice everyone not seeing results after 2-3 months of BP use to give something else a try. Realistically, no treatment that's going to work should take that long.

...I bought a gentle Sayclic acid wash to exfoliate my skin twice a day and thats all im using on my face...

Mind telling me what SA wash is that? A link to the product would be helpful.

I would advice everyone not seeing results after 2-3 months of BP use to give something else a try. Realistically, no treatment that's going to work should take that long.

I Thoroughly disagree, I saw small improvements in the first 3 months but it took about 5 months for the real improvements to occur and now my skin is great, I'll keep going with the regimen for ever if I have too.

King Beta I use Neautrogena acne stress control foam wash. Its gently and i only use it twice morning and night. I moisturize with natural jojoba oil after. Its been great for my skin benzoyl peroxide gave me improvements but made my skin always tight and very dry.. also irritated.. I deff reccomend trying this out.

Stopping BP use was the best thing i did for my face. I finally became clear after 2 years of using BP once i stopped. My skin has tone now, it's soft and supple, and i don't spend 20 minutes gooping unnecessary amounts of BP on my face. I would advice everyone not seeing results after 2-3 months of BP use to give something else a try. Realistically, no treatment that's going to work should take that long.

well benzoyl peroxide didn't fully help my skin like saylcic acid is doing now.. Benzoyl peroxide makes my skin red and irritated and also very try even after i used it for over 7 months. Saylcic acid exfoliates my skin great keeping it clear. good luck with applying bp for the rest of your life.

Sayclic acid is horrible. Get off of it, continue with the BP but do a lower strength like 2%.

Mind explaining?

I stopped applying BP just over a week ago, in it's place I use sayilic (sp?) acid and I've noticed quite a difference, my face is a lot less red and dry, best of all it's overall appearance looks a lot better. On the down side I had a minor breakout, nothing bad at all, I mean I'm cleaning up for it already.

I would just like to weight in...

First of all everyone's skin is different. BP may not be the answer. For me, it works great. I have been on the Dan's regimen for 2 years now! My face has never been clearer. I live in VA where the humidty is brutal and I also eat right/excercise, so (for me) I don't buy any of the "eat healthy = clear skin"

Dan's BP has been the ONLY product out there that has kept my skin clear.

Hope this helps!

master cheif im glad its working for you.. and yes stick with the saylcic acid the minor breakout will clear in no time and any irritation will heal.. Stick with that and eat healthy,be happy, and excercise and you will see amazing results.