Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tbone2000

Strange Red Mark Appeared from Nowhere: Thoughts?

So a very odd red mark has appeared from nowhere on my face and I'm trying to figure out what it is and how to get rid of it.

A little background: I am a 29 year old male and no longer have active acne, and have not had it for a good 8 years. I still get the occasional zit once in a while, but they are small and not cystic, and not chronic. I am not on any real regimen besides using Dan's Facewash and Moisturizer, since in my opinion they are the best on the market.

About 6 weeks ago a small bright red mark appeared on my right cheek. I figured that it was the precursor to a zit, but a zit never appeared. The red mark looks like a zit unless you get very close to it, which is obviously annoying. There is no raising of the skin or obvious head to the red mark, it's like a red circle just appeared on my skin one day. The area is not enlarged or inflamed in any way, although if I press down on the mark with my finger and release, it is white for a second, which tells me it is at least partially vascular, and there is some type of inflammation involved.

Over the past 6 weeks the mark has not grown any larger, although I am pretty sure that the mark has turned into a brighter shade of red. When it did not form into a zit, I thought that the mark might be a blood blister below the skin, which has actually happened before in roughly the same area. I got nowhere trying to extract what I thought was a blood blister with a sanitized needle.

I am at a loss as to what the red mark could be, and more importantly, how to get rid of it. Unfortunately to the rest of the world it looks like a zit on my cheek, which is obviously annoying, especially since I've had it for a month and a half. I've tried putting the normal anti-acne products on it to no avail.

Does anyone have any feedback as to what it could be? Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to provide pictures at this point of the mark. Thanks!

Same thing has happened to me twice.... It's frustrating because I have no idea where it came from. I don't really know what to do because they both wont fade either!