Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok So here is my story I am now 23 years old I have been struggling with acne since i was 17 because when i was 13-18 I was on Birth Control so i never had my normal break outs a kid usually gets.. BIG MISTAKE! Now I am paying for it as an adult.. Recently I went on DoryX pills for 2 months and WOW this has really sucked badly.. My skin is worse now.. huge whiteheads... All is on my chin. I have no acne anywhere else but my chin! Its so bad that I even stopped acting here in LA... Its on hold for now.. Ive seriously tried everything so far.. You name it I have done it! but I have not done acutaine because that stuff scares me, no thanks.. I am thinking about getting Photodynamic Laser here in LA its 3 treatments for $1,890.. So expensive! The lady on the phone said I should do Fraxel instead because its strongest and that is 5 treatments for 5,000 even more money and more treatments! I went to this other derm today and they told me to do Chemical Peels??? Do those work?? I have retin A micro and they said to keep using that so I started again with that :( I am stopping Dory X because it SUCKS> The acne is only on my chin... Any advice before I bit the bullet and go with PhotoDynamic laser..???? They even told me at the docs today to go on Acutane it will work for sure but I am so scared to do it.. I hear PhotoDynamic is same results as Accutaine?? Is this true? If so I am soooo in!!! here are my pictures.. Im so sad about not being able to do acting stuff when I am all broken out. I feel so ugly.. I dont look people in the eyes anymore either.. im so sad..

D2.jpg

acne1.jpg

acne3.jpg

acne2.jpg

acne4.jpg

acne5.jpg

and if these dont work here are the links

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/UgotMayle/D2.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/UgotMayle/acne1.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/UgotMayle/acne3.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/UgotMayle/acne2.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/UgotMayle/acne4.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/UgotMayle/acne5.jpg

and if those dont work let me know... This has been nothing but hell Thank you

Laser treatments are highly suspect, though you'll hear some success stories. I'm assuming you've tried DKR? There are plenty of topicals to try, but I'd recommend DKR first for your kind of acne.

I would also recommend using the DKR. Your acne is NOT that bad (look at the people with Accutane logs...someone with your mild acne does not need and should not be prescribed Accutane unless nothing else works).

Retin-A can be good, but your acne to me seems to be the inflammatory kind, whereas Retin-A is better at clearing up non-inflammatory acne. It can unclog pores, but it can't stop infections or inflammation. Benzoyl Peroxide can do this. You can combine the two, using the BP during the day and the Retin-A at night, but honestly I'd just try the BP right now and stop the Retin-A.

To help cut down on redness and swelling, try using an aspirin mask and/or ice.

Aspirin Mask:

Take a few tablets of uncoated aspirin (lightly coated aspirin from Rite Aid works just as well...basically, just make sure you wash off any coating that is on the aspirin), and put them in your palm with a few drops of water.

After a few seconds, the aspirin should start to go all puffy, and you should be able to mush it up just by touching it.

Once you have a thick, gritty white paste, spread it over the areas that are broken out.

Let it dry completely - you should be able to touch it and have white powder fall off.

Rinse it off with warm water very gently.

Icing:

Pretty simple. Take an ice pack, or some ice, and wrap it in a thin cloth or a paper towel - DON'T let the ice contact your skin directly. Press the wrapped up ice against your face and hold it there for a few minutes.

Since your acne is so concentrated, I'd give Dan's BP a try, too.

"I was on Birth Control so i never had my normal break outs a kid usually gets.. BIG MISTAKE! Now I am paying for it as an adult.."

^^^That sounds pretty out there to me, acne is not chickenpox or whatever.

Since your acne is so concentrated, I'd give Dan's BP a try, too.

"I was on Birth Control so i never had my normal break outs a kid usually gets.. BIG MISTAKE! Now I am paying for it as an adult.."

^^^That sounds pretty out there to me, acne is not chickenpox or whatever.

You never know how BC can mess with hormones...and judging from where her breakouts are located, it's pretty likely that she's got hormonal acne.

amylovehewitt, I know how you feel as regards to the Arts. I sing, dance, act and will soon be training as a yoga teacher, but life feels so inhibiting with acne that all I want to do, at present, is hide away. Your acne does indeed look hormonal and there are many options for how to treat it. It's in a concentrated area, which, although it may not seem the case, is fortunate because you can deal with the specifics. (Mine comes up everywhere!)

Good luck with your search. I'm still looking... PM me, if you ever want to chat.

I was on birth control pills for years, and my acne recently flaired up when I went off them. Dan's regimen really worked for me. I've only been on it a month, and my skin looks better than it has in a long time. I wash with Neutrogena SA Acne Wash, use Dan's BP (which I love), and moisturize with DDF Ultra Lite Moisturizing Dew (to which I add a few drops of jojoba oil). Good luck.

HAHAHAH my teeth its my Night Guard sorry.. I grind my teeth at night... So where can I find Dans Regimen? Thank you so much

Accutane works much faster and is way more effective than DKR.

If your worried about the side effects just go on a low dose like 20-40mg per day and it will clear you up within a few months.

I agree try topicals. And if you need a fast treatment that won't last that long, fasting for maybe a day or two would work. Google: Fasting and Acne.

And you aren't nearly as bad as you think!

HAHAHAH my teeth its my Night Guard sorry.. I grind my teeth at night... So where can I find Dans Regimen? Thank you so much

Right on this very website. Check out the plethora of resources under "Get clear now" on the menu bar near the top of the page.

The dans regimin stuff. What is the percentage of the Benzoyl peroxide?? please let me know so i can go ahead and order it thank you all

If you read the tutorials Dan has posted under the "Get clear now" button on the menu bar, you'll find out everything you want to know. Dan recommends 2.5%, because it is less irritating but just as effective as higher percentages. A percentage that low can be hard to find, though.

oh 2.5? I bought some at the store thats 10% i want the strongest toughest one for sure

The logical conclusion is that higher % is more effective, but trust me when I say that 2.5% BP is equally as effective as 10% BP, minus a great deal of irritation and drying. This has been both scientifically proven and verified by thousands who have been on DKR. I keep a tiny tube of 10% BP around for spot-treatment purposes, though I'm convinced it really does nothing extra. Dan's BP is highly, highly effective. When it comes to BP, 2.5% is ideal.

If you think it's hormones, then i wouldn't use bp. BP really only helps when you know it's bacterial. I made that mistake. I would come on these forums see everyone raving about bp, so of course i figured it would have to work for me. I had been using for 2 years until i finally decided the BP isn't doing squat. I promptly took BP out of my regimen and low and behold i became clear.