Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hmm, it might be one of those tricky under-the-skin pimples which suck big time.

You might need to see a dermatologist, depending on the severity. How bad is your acne?

Hmm, it might be one of those tricky under-the-skin pimples which suck big time.

You might need to see a dermatologist, depending on the severity. How bad is your acne?

probably somewhere between the mild/moderate range I would say.

depending on how bad your acne is and your dermatoligist you may get accutane after you try some less serious oral medications don't pick at it etc it will just inflame it. im from australia but im guessing talk to your GP and he will refer you to a derm. Shanio out

depending on how bad your acne is and your dermatoligist you may get accutane after you try some less serious oral medications don't pick at it etc it will just inflame it. im from australia but im guessing talk to your GP and he will refer you to a derm. Shanio out

Thanks for the info. Is there any way of seeing a derm without a referal from a GP? Mine has a fetish for pumping me full of anti-biotics but nothing else. I've told him about the bump in question, and told him I would like something done about it; but he's reluctant to do anything! He first claims it's purely cosmetic and the NHS aren't really suppose to do that sort of thing. I bring it up again the next time I see him, and even tell him about the amount of anxiety that it causes. His response is to go all philosophical on me, spouting meaningless platitudes along the lines of 'People accept others no matter what they look like' . :| You couldn't make this shit up, you really couldn't.

Thanks for the info. Is there any way of seeing a derm without a referal from a GP? Mine has a fetish for pumping me full of anti-biotics but nothing else. I've told him about the bump in question, and told him I would like something done about it; but he's reluctant to do anything! He first claims it's purely cosmetic and the NHS aren't really suppose to do that sort of thing. I bring it up again the next time I see him, and even tell him about the amount of anxiety that it causes. His response is to go all philosophical on me, spouting meaningless platitudes along the lines of 'People accept others no matter what they look like' . :| You couldn't make this shit up, you really couldn't.

Dang socialized healthcare lol. Does it cost extra to get cosmetic stuff? Has the derm even told you what the pump on your nose is?

Dang socialized healthcare lol. Does it cost extra to get cosmetic stuff? Has the derm even told you what the pump on your nose is?

lol, that's the thing. I have no idea how the UK health system works (hence the newbie title), although I think I need a GP's referral to see a derm. So right now I'm pretty screwed; seeing as the GP I have is tighter than a duck's arse and would much rather ply his trade as a psychologist.

Looks like I'm stuck back at square one.