Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
james9382

Accutane timeline

On Monday March 7th, I started a treatment of accutane at a dose of 80mg/day (40mg in the morning 40 at dinner). I'm a male wheighing 155lbs, How soon should I expect side effects, initial breakout and clearing?

prolly within a week you'll start to see some side effects, and about 2 weeks you start to get your initial breakout, and some side effects get worse.. at least for me.. im about to finish week 4 myself smile.gif

i started out on 40mg a day but moved up to 80mg for my second month. i experience a pretty bad initial break out when i first started on 40mg but it eventually went away. when i started on 80mg a day i had another bad break out but it went away much faster then it the first time. i had no new acne for 2 weeks after that and had absolutely no bumps on my face for about 1 week. over the past week i had another minor break out but have noticed it clears up much much faster even the red marks go away within a few days! :knock on wood: hopfully this keeps up.