Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bdonpowerlifter

Is it not as bad as I am making it out to be?

hi guys my name is brian, i am a 19 yr old college student and have struggled with acne for about 5 years now. i've had my ups and downs, usually the worst part are the scars, but lately its been worse and cant even look at myself in the mirror. it has had a horrible psychological effect on me and sometimes even brings me to tears. about 90 percent of my friends have flawless skin and that makes me feel even worse. all the girls i hang out with are really really pretty and sometimes i dont even know y they hand out with me. Here is a picture. please let me know what u think. i used to always be told how cute i was by everyone i met and i want so much to feel like me again.

this is what i looked like senior yr. i had acne but it was a lot better than right now and they touched it up a bit to get rid of some scars

this is me now 3 pics. u can only see the larger pimples good in these but its pretty accurate, to see the bad pics go to this site but u have to copy it all but the d before the http. this is the only way i could get it to work.

dhttp://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj214/swoledon23/?special_track=nav_album_album

post-78080-1213829842_thumb.jpg

post-78080-1213829842_thumb.jpg

I got to see the pictures and I think you're adorable! (Okay, I'm 37 and you're closer to my son's age than my own)

Anyway, you look like a prime candidate for accutane. Your skin is about as bad as mine was when I was 25 and I went on accutane. It's a kick-ass drug in both good and bad ways. It will kick your acne's ass, but unfortunately it will kick yours too!

Accutane was really hard on me, but it got me to a whole new level of clear. I don't regret it at all. I still battle with acne, but it's more of an annoyance than anything else. I have days when I hide from people because I'm having a breakout, but it's nothing like it was back then, when I wanted to hide for months at a time.

Good luck.

BTW - I feel like I should clarify.

Your skin is not that bad, in answer to your original question.

The issue is - how do you feel about it?? If you're not comfortable with it, do what you have to do to get it fixed if you can. Accutane will probably take care of you completely and you won't be nearly as scarred as many people are.

In today's society, the pressure to have perfect skin is sogreat. But just like the perfect body is probably unattainable for 99% of all people, perfect skin is too. Most people don't have perfect skin and most people are more concerned about their own skin and don't even notice your less-than-perfect skin. You'd be surprised how many of your friends probably would not classify you as having bad skin.

yea i always said no to accutane because i never wanted to go through the "worse before it gets better part" but i am so desperate now that i dont even care anymore. who knows, it may be my miracle cure

yea i always said no to accutane because i never wanted to go through the "worse before it gets better part" but i am so desperate now that i dont even care anymore. who knows, it may be my miracle cure

Let us know what you decide to do.

Best of luck!

Oh, another question:

Have you tried Dan's Regimen?

I've been doing it for 2 weeks now and I LOVE it! My skin hasn't been this clear since I was 11!

It seems so simple, yet it makes such a big difference. I was already on BP, but it still wasn't working. Something about putting a lot on all over your face seems to be the difference.

I wish I had been doing this for years!

Oh, another question:

Have you tried Dan's Regimen?

I've been doing it for 2 weeks now and I LOVE it! My skin hasn't been this clear since I was 11!

It seems so simple, yet it makes such a big difference. I was already on BP, but it still wasn't working. Something about putting a lot on all over your face seems to be the difference.

I wish I had been doing this for years!

yea actually i tried it for a little over a week and for the first few days it was better but then in got worse so istopped. i have an appointment tomorrow at a place that does levulan laser treatment or sumthin like that to discuss that as a possible option. my mom made me the appointment so ill see what they say before i try it. from the reviews on this site some people said they noticed a big difference and some said none at all so it all depends on the individual i guess. my parents are paying for it so even if it gets no better the only price i gotta pay is staying inside for a few days if i do it

Dude...you look freakin fine. If you want to see bad, go look around in the severe forum and then you'll be glad you just have a few cysts and thats it.

NOTHING to worry about.

your scarring really isn't bad and i know it sounds patronizing when people say it suits you but it does. Honestly apart from girls who are particularly put off by scarring I can't imagine it'll matter a whole lot. Plus you are an attractive guy anyway so count yourself lucky. Good luck finding a treatment.