Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ACNEgel or AQUAgel?

Panoxyl do one called Aquagel and Acnegel. Does anyone know the main difference? They're both advertised "For the treatment of spots and acne".

Please advise anyone!

Guest fatman_uk

One burns your face off, the other burns your face off an leaves a sticky, greasy residue. biggrin.gif

Get Oxy. wink.gif

-Gaz

Oxy is too expensive, and I hear it's no good :-k

I found out the difference. Aqua contains an aqua gel, acne contains an alcoholic substance. I'm thinking I should get the aqua one as I hear alcohol is bad for the skin. Do you know mate?

I've been kidding myself over my acne for too long, it's time to do something about it.

id advise you to get Quinoderm 5% BP. you can get it from any pharmacist, but you dont need a prescription. its about half the price of oxy and i find it a lot less drying and irritating.

Guest fatman_uk

^What he said... Quinoderm is very gentle... in fact it's TOO gentle for me which is why i always forget to mention it. #-o

Just stay away from the Panoxyl, it's shiat. An don't forget Dans BP Gel is out soon! wink.gif

-Gaz

Cheers guys, i'll get that instead then and give it a go. I'm currently using:

- Clean and clear foaming face wash

- E45 cream

- Erythromicin-zinc

I used the Erythromicin-zinc about 2 years ago and it completely cleared me up. I stopped using it around 1 year ago, and now they're back with a vengeance so have gone back on it. A week after using it again things are looking better.

Guest fatman_uk

Well with that there might be no need for the BP don't ya think?

Also, get a new moisturiser... i reckon it might help. Try Urban Rites Face Relief or Cyclax Aloe Vera Moisturiser.

-Gaz

E45 is the acne evil!

It is a very greasy moisturiser. I recommend Nivea Visage oil free moisturising fluid.

Also, there is nothing wrong with PanOxyl's AquaGel. I've used it..

Guest fatman_uk

Panoxyl isn't for most ppl... just cause it works for you doesn't mean it's a good product for most people.

An that moisturiser u suggested isn't half as effective as the ones i mentioned, you should seriously try those 2 out.

-Gaz

It's some sort of mixture from the doctor. It comes in a bottle with a pad on the end which you rub over your face. It makes your skin a little shiney to start with but then that dies down. It works well, i've used it before and it got rid of everything.

i get panoxyl free from my doc , back when i was 14 , now i get aquagel , aquagel ' 10 ' is the strong one