Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrFabolous

How much fish pr. week and whats the best source of fish oil?

Just got some tests back. It turns out that Im not consuming enough omega-3 fats. Im low on fish oil.

I got the following fish in my diet so far:

Wildcaught Salmon

Atlantic Mackarel

How much fish should I consume pr week? And what fish could I add aswell? They need to be high on omega-3 and wildcaught.

Can I eat fish like 4 days, and then get a good source of fish oil for the rest of the days?

And what should my fish oil contain? Im concerned about Nordic Naturals Omega-3 since theres somekinda soy in it.

In Denmark I can get something called Eksimo-3 which is pure omega-3 fish oil without anything else.

Here's the info on it:

Nutrition data pr daily intake (5 ml):

13,8 mg Vitamin E (d-alfa-tocopherol)

1760 mg Omega-3 fats:

840 mg EPA (eicosapentaensyre)

560 mg DHA (docosahexaensyre).

Citrus oil.

I hope imnot allergic to the citrus oil. But would that be a good fish oil, or should I stick with Nordic Naturals (haven't tried it yet).

And should I take external Vitamin E aswell? Im low on Vitamin E aswell, so I guess I need something for this. Or could my Vitamin E from fish work for me?

Just got some tests back. It turns out that Im not consuming enough omega-3 fats. Im low on fish oil.

I got the following fish in my diet so far:

Wildcaught Salmon

Atlantic Mackarel

How much fish should I consume pr week? And what fish could I add aswell? They need to be high on omega-3 and wildcaught.

Can I eat fish like 4 days, and then get a good source of fish oil for the rest of the days?

And what should my fish oil contain? Im concerned about Nordic Naturals Omega-3 since theres somekinda soy in it.

In Denmark I can get something called Eksimo-3 which is pure omega-3 fish oil without anything else.

Here's the info on it:

Nutrition data pr daily intake (5 ml):

13,8 mg Vitamin E (d-alfa-tocopherol)

1760 mg Omega-3 fats:

840 mg EPA (eicosapentaensyre)

560 mg DHA (docosahexaensyre).

Citrus oil.

I hope imnot allergic to the citrus oil. But would that be a good fish oil, or should I stick with Nordic Naturals (haven't tried it yet).

And should I take external Vitamin E aswell? Im low on Vitamin E aswell, so I guess I need something for this. Or could my Vitamin E from fish work for me?

IMO give the Nordic Naturals a try and see how it goes, it is a good brand but unfortunately as you say the vitamin E in it is sourced from soy. That other product you mention is good as well but in the future I highly recommend Carlson's brand fish oil and cod liver oil products; IMO they're the highest quality product out there right now and always get great reviews. Ordering it online is generally cheaper than buying in store I've found too.

The problem is I don't know how to get my hands on Carlson's in Denmark. And what about the Vitamin E in Carlson's? Is that from soy aswell? The danish fish oil is from cod liver aswell, im pretty sure. And its cleaned from mercury and other toxins of course.

But I will look into Carlson's or perhaps Twin Labs if I can find it. But im pretty sure I only need cod liver, and not normal fish oil. I rather want the pure omega-3's.

Hmm... I think you will be fine, by eating fish 4 times a week and then having just supplements.

I would go for the Nordic Naturals, since it is almost pure Omega-3. Soy shouldn't be anything to worry about, unless you're allergic to it like I am. Also, don't you have like butter (actually some kind of vegetable based fat) with added Omega-3's and 6's in Denmark, or is it just something we have in Finland?

If you feel like taking vitamin E supplements then do it. Otherwise you can trust in your fish and maybe eat a little bit more nuts, seeds, spinach and other green leafy vegetables and whatever else that contains a lot of vitamin E.

I don't think im allergic to soy, but I might try out "Eskimo-3", because everyone in Denmark says thats its the best product.

The only butter im using is Ghee, and I won't use anything else I think. I don't wanna consume pure dairy products. Im fine with Ghee, and thats organic aswell.

I will consume fish 4 times a week then, and then trust my fish oil for the rest of the days. Then im getting some tests done in 4 weeks or so, to see if I got a balance.

Im eating loads of vegetables, so I won't add another Vitamin E right now then.

What kind of Mackerel? Most mackerel are large predators which means they will be extremely high in mercury. But there are small ones, like the Jack Mackerel they sell in cans, that are low mercury. You need to find out.

What kind of Mackerel? Most mackerel are large predators which means they will be extremely high in mercury. But there are small ones, like the Jack Mackerel they sell in cans, that are low mercury. You need to find out.

Its Atlantic Wildcaught mackarel. And they seem pretty small.