Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
THX

Face is red and tight.. advice?

So I'm on the regimen now and while my skin looks good, it is a bit red. That's not a big deal. What is a big deal is that when I open my mouth to talk, my whole face turns REALLY red. If I stretch my mouth open, the skin around the corners of my mouth form red blotches.

My skin doesn't feel dry at the touch - it's pretty smooth. But I have the impression that it must be dry if my skin is so tight. I've been using the regimen's moisturizer... is there something stronger and not pore clogging that I can use? I tried cetaphil's moiturizer, but it had little effect.

Any advice?

Wow, Cetaphil had no effect? It usually always takes care of dryness.

The redness may just be from the bp. Unfortunately it can cause redness and if you have particularly sensitive skin, it may stay a bit red. How new are you to the Regimen? Did you maybe start out with too much bp too soon?

You might try adding a few drops of jojoba oil to your moisturizer. This may help.

If you think you started out with too much bp, try using less for the next week or so and see if your skin settles down.