Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I read partly through the stickied topic but i couldn't understand half of it.

Sorry i am 16 and not very educated and i would much appreciate it if someone could briefly help me.

I take about 3-4 1200mg of fish oil capsules a day (which are high in omega 3).

Now i heard that if you don't balance your Omega 6 with your omega 3 then your heading for trouble.

What i want to know is, can i buy omega 6 pills? and if i do, do i just take the same amount as my omega 3?

I need a regimen which involves these two things.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Again i am sorry if this has already been answered, but i am rather blonde and desperate.

You already have enough omega-6 in your diet. There is no need to supplement omega-6 for that reason.

There are beneficial omega-6s that can be supplemented, but that's another topic entirely.

Just take the fish oil.

I read partly through the stickied topic but i couldn't understand half of it.

Sorry i am 16 and not very educated and i would much appreciate it if someone could briefly help me.

I take about 3-4 1200mg of fish oil capsules a day (which are high in omega 3).

Now i heard that if you don't balance your Omega 6 with your omega 3 then your heading for trouble.

What i want to know is, can i buy omega 6 pills? and if i do, do i just take the same amount as my omega 3?

I need a regimen which involves these two things.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Again i am sorry if this has already been answered, but i am rather blonde and desperate.

I wouldn't worry about balancing the omega-3s with omega-6s. Omega-6s are an "essential fatty acid" but they're very prevalent in our modern diet and shouldn't be a concern unless you're megadosing on omega-3s and somehow managing to avoid omega-6s almost entirely. If you're still eating grain products especially then you're likely in no danger of "overbalancing" your ratio. IMO though, if it's a concern, don't buy pills with omega-6s just get them naturally through foods that you know work for you (examples could be meat, dairy, grain products, certain vegetable oils, etc.).

Well i'm on this diet at the moment, which involves only vegetables and fruits and the odd energy bar or cereal (without milk)...

It's just a test.

A non dairy and non fatty food for a week.

So far so good, my skin has actually stopped breaking out (i started the diet 4 days ago)

and it's starting to clear up.

I am taking 3 different supplements too.

Fish Oil tablets, ABC plus and echitnaia (boosts your immune system)

The bottom line is that i am not eating dairy, or meat....

So what should i do?

p.s. i am determined to try this diet for another week because the results so far are so impressive.

Why on earth would you do a diet without meat?

Get some healthy meat, and start eating. Vegetables, fruits and supplements cant be healthy at all.

Well i'm on this diet at the moment, which involves only vegetables and fruits and the odd energy bar or cereal (without milk)...

It's just a test.

A non dairy and non fatty food for a week.

So far so good, my skin has actually stopped breaking out (i started the diet 4 days ago)

and it's starting to clear up.

I am taking 3 different supplements too.

Fish Oil tablets, ABC plus and echitnaia (boosts your immune system)

The bottom line is that i am not eating dairy, or meat....

So what should i do?

p.s. i am determined to try this diet for another week because the results so far are so impressive.

If this is the diet that works well for you then just stick with it. Time and time again we've found that different diets work for different people so stick with what works for you. I can say though seeing as how you are eating some cereal/energy bars that there's no way you're low on omega-6s. Just stick with your fish oil and don't worry about omega-6s.