Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
s2a6r2a

Can the wrong concealer CAUSE acne?

I just found out today that the concealer I had been using for the past four months is not oil free. Could this have caused further breakouts? I've never had breakouts before this year and of course, the more I broke out, the more concealer I used. I got hooked on the concealer because it went on smoothly and really gave me great coverage without looking unnatural. So aside from a few lazy Sundays, I use it everyday. I can't understand why I am getting breakouts aside from possible hormonal changes as I approach 30. Ther has to be a reason it started so suddenly. I would think that hormones would change gradually. The breakouts are occuring in places I have never once had blemishes before and seem to be spreading as the concealer application spreads for blending purposes. This whole thing is so new to me. I did see a dermatologist a month ago and have been using prescriptions, but it doesn't seem to be improving that much. I can't think of another explanation.

definitely, the wrong makeup with pore clogging ingredients can definitely break you out, what have you been using? do a search on makeupalley.com and see if other people have had problems

definitely, the wrong makeup with pore clogging ingredients can definitely break you out, what have you been using? do a search on makeupalley.com and see if other people have had problems

Thanks for the website! It was a Clinique concealer. No one else complained about breakouts. It got great reviews except for people who couldn't match it with their skin tone and a few issues applying it under eyes because of dry skin.

I'd be curious to know the name of it, too. I was using Clinique's Advanced Concealer for awhile and it worked great but made me break out like crazy. Since I've stopped using it, I haven't had half of the problems I usually had.

I'd be curious to know the name of it, too. I was using Clinique's Advanced Concealer for awhile and it worked great but made me break out like crazy. Since I've stopped using it, I haven't had half of the problems I usually had.

Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer

Supposedly, a lot of Clinique products have PH levels that can irritate the skin. It could be the concealer that is breaking you out, especially one that is in either cream or liquid form. Don't use the concealer for two weeks and see if you develop any new blemishes. If you don't get any new breakouts, it's the concealer.

Supposedly, a lot of Clinique products have PH levels that can irritate the skin. It could be the concealer that is breaking you out, especially one that is in either cream or liquid form. Don't use the concealer for two weeks and see if you develop any new blemishes. If you don't get any new breakouts, it's the concealer.

Any advice for covering the 50+ red marks on my chin and cheeks for two weeks? It's not exactly professional to show up to work that way.

Any advice for covering the 50+ red marks on my chin and cheeks for two weeks? It's not exactly professional to show up to work that way.

Amazing Cosmetics Concealer or Lorac do not make me breakout and cover my scars and redmarks. I do find that using a brush helps. Let it sit for a few minutes before putting on foundation and then go back over any spots and use a very fine face powder to set it. The brush helps a lot in making the concealer not look too cakey.

check the ingredients out here http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm and see if there are and 3, 4 or 5s. maybe it just really didnt agree with you though, def try giving it a break and see if it gets better. do you have another concealer you can switch to?

I use mineral makeup, and I put a light to moderate layer of concealer and foundation on my breakouts. Any heavier or in a cream/ liquid form and the pimple just misbehaves and becomes a cyst.