Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nipungyo

A few basic, general questions about diet

I've decided I want to start eating healthier, so I'm wondering if you guys could answer these questions for me. I apologize if they seem really basic and easy, but I really don't know.

1. What does it mean to say something is "fortified" and why is it bad?

2. I'm considering making a smoothie mixed with all types of fruits and vegetables, but my question is, can you get too much nutrients? I would think that your body would just expel whatever it doesn't need, right? Also would these smoothies be good for breakfast?

Thanks, and once again, sorry if these questions are stupid.

I've decided I want to start eating healthier, so I'm wondering if you guys could answer these questions for me. I apologize if they seem really basic and easy, but I really don't know.

1. What does it mean to say something is "fortified" and why is it bad?

2. I'm considering making a smoothie mixed with all types of fruits and vegetables, but my question is, can you get too much nutrients? I would think that your body would just expel whatever it doesn't need, right? Also would these smoothies be good for breakfast?

Thanks, and once again, sorry if these questions are stupid.

1. Fortified is that it has excessive nutrients added. Fortified orange juice generally is overloading with vitamins and calcium. Calcium doesn't naturally occur in oranges at the amounts that are in fortified orange juice so they are added.

2. Yeah you can get too much. The body with begin expelling other nutrients you need. Yeah smoothies can be good for breakfast. You need protein too though.