Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sam1981

Thank you whoever invented Accutane

I just wanted to say after years of battling Acne (I am almost 27) Accuntane has finally gotten rid of it and my skin is clear!

I do not need to wear make-up unless I want to.

Yes the side effects were annoying, and my exzema played up whilst on Accutane, but now my skin is clear and I am not suffering from any long term or short term side effects and I have been off of the drug for 6 months.

I still get little spots now and then but nothing like it was before.

if anyone is in two minds about taking Accutane don't be, it will be the best desicion you have ever made. It cahnged my life.

It great to heear that you have not regret taking accutane and that you face is totally clear. For me I'm in my 1 month of treament and have four more months to go. By the way did you have any hairloss or hair thining during or after accutane? I am just curious because so far I have only 5-7 strains of hair coming out when i shower otherwise I am ok.

Yes I did have some hair loss but I am not bald and it was worth it for my now beautifully clear skin. No one even believes I used to have a bad acne problem.

I was upset at first but then I just cut it into a bob, which seems to be in fashion right now and now it's almost back to it's original length.

You may be alright though, everyone reacts to Accutane differently.