Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The acne regimen has been working well for me. I use purpose cleansing bar, cvs brand 2.5%bp(compared to nuetrogena) and cetaphil lotion. My face started flaking dead skin and i decided to get a scrub to remove it for every couple of days. I ended up getting the apricot scrub but it made me break out. So I stopped using the apricot scrub and my face is cleared up the the dead flakey skin is back...is there any mild scrub out there that will remove my dead flakey skin without causing me to break out?

Hi there. Scrubbing is very irritating, which can also lead to breakouts. Why not try a few drops of jojoba oil? It won't clog pores or cause breakouts, and it's brilliant at sloughing off dead flakes. You can purchase some at any health food store, and is usually about $4.00-$5.00 for a one-ounce bottle. If you end up liking the jojoba, it's available for purchase on the on-line store at a really good price. Many of our members swear by this stuff. I enjoy using it, too! :D

Hope this helps. :)