Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was just wondering how minimal the scaring had to be for mederma to work. I feel that I am almost completely clear I would say about (80%-85%). But I now see that my problem is with scaring. Maybe about 5-10 on each cheek. I can almost positive that my parents will not allow me to receive any fancy laser treatments so I was wondering if this was a possible choice.

Maybe there is still hope for me :)

it doesn't work at all.

google mederma. you'll find maybe 2 pictures of the effects of mederma (which are worthless) and countless pictures of the tubes and boxes the stuff comes in. it's a ripoff.

it doesn't work at all.

google mederma. you'll find maybe 2 pictures of the effects of mederma (which are worthless) and countless pictures of the tubes and boxes the stuff comes in. it's a ripoff.

I have read the reviews on this site for mederma and it seems to work for a good amount of people I figured it was worth trying.

it doesn't work at all.

I have read the reviews on this site for mederma and it seems to work for a good amount of people I figured it was worth trying.

If Mederma works, then only for hypertropic scars and not for the atropic acne scars. I also doubt groundbreaking results for the first ones I mentioned. Haven't you realized that the reviews of the products especially on the vendor homepages are mostly very good. They remove the bad ones and write often fake praising reviews. The pictures are mostly either from reference patients with rare outstanding results or photoshoped. Don't be so foolish and do not always belive what you read. Sorry for my drastic words, but I always get angry when I notice companies, which are trying to make money with the desperation of the people . You can try Retin-A, if you want. You need a prescription from your doctor for this medicine. It seems that this is the only cream, which helps a bit against acne scars. But do not expect wonders.

Mederma didn't work on some surgery scars a friend of mine had (it was recommended by her doctor too :think:). I just doubt that stuff works for any kind of scarring at all. Maybe you could do chemical peels?

it doesn't work at all.

If Mederma works, then only for hypertropic scars and not for the atropic acne scars. I also doubt groundbreaking results for the first ones I mentioned. Haven't you realized that the reviews of the products especially on the vendor homepages are mostly very good. They remove the bad ones and write often fake praising reviews. The pictures are mostly either from reference patients with rare outstanding results or photoshoped. Don't be so foolish and do not always belive what you read. Sorry for my drastic words, but I always get angry when I notice companies, which are trying to make money with the desperation of the people . You can try Retin-A, if you want. You need a prescription from your doctor for this medicine. It seems that this is the only cream, which helps a bit against acne scars. But do not expect wonders.

^^^I agree.

I also find over-the-counter scar ''remedies'' such as Mederma, misleading, as the box just says "for scars." It doesn't say for what kind of scars either. Before i knew better, I tried mederma for a few months on my indented scars hoping for some kind of filling, but ..nothing. Please don't waste your money like I did, you will only be disappointed.

it doesn't work at all.

I think I was receiving chemical peels, but I stopped because the lady was also cleaning out my pimples "Popping them" as she went through the peel. I don't know if that is supposed to be done but it was very painful and it made my face look worse for about two days after. If chemical peels helps scars though I might go back.

Can anyone tell me if they have had any success with chemical peels?

mederma doesnt work for depressed scars. think about this...its supposed to work for hypertrophic scars( the ones that are elevated from the skin) by decreasing the production of collagen, therefore depressing the raised scars. but for depressed scars, there is a lack of collagen production to the scar site...thus the depressed scar. so using mederma on depressed scars is actually contraindicated bc in theory it will only make it worse by decreasing the already lacking collagen at the scar site. make sense?

mederma doesnt work for depressed scars. think about this...its supposed to work for hypertrophic scars( the ones that are elevated from the skin) by decreasing the production of collagen, therefore depressing the raised scars. but for depressed scars, there is a lack of collagen production to the scar site...thus the depressed scar. so using mederma on depressed scars is actually contraindicated bc in theory it will only make it worse by decreasing the already lacking collagen at the scar site. make sense?

yes that makes sense I think ill stay away from mederma thanks for the info.