Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, I have had mild acne since I hit puberty. I am 20 now. I get extreamly sweaty on forhead and face, expesially during the summer time. I heard that by washing your face too much can increase and spread acne. But I was wondering, how much is too much. On a normal day I was about 2 to 3 times, but I was wondering if it would be better if I wash it when I get really sweaty, more often. Or would it just make it worse. Thanks for the suggestions.

Mr. Green

2-3 tims a day should be fine. 2 times a day is the best for most of people.

Choose gentle cleanser though. Most of the cleanser named 'for acne-prone skin' are way too harsh for the skin.

More than twice is not recommended. I wash twice a day maximum. Once in the morning, once at night...You can get away with 3 you just need to be careful and do it very lightly the 2nd time...

Any more than that though will dry you out at first most likely and then make the oilyness worse since your skin will be forced to produce more oil because of the dryness.

Hello, I have had mild acne since I hit puberty. I am 20 now. I get extreamly sweaty on forhead and face, expesially during the summer time. I heard that by washing your face too much can increase and spread acne. But I was wondering, how much is too much. On a normal day I was about 2 to 3 times, but I was wondering if it would be better if I wash it when I get really sweaty, more often. Or would it just make it worse. Thanks for the suggestions.

Mr. Green

I wouldnt recommend washing more than twice a day. Wash once in the morning and once at night. If you feel sweety just blot your face with a towel or paper towel.

Any more than that though will dry you out at first most likely and then make the oilyness worse since your skin will be forced to produce more oil because of the dryness.

I see that you registered here only three months ago, so I'm going to cut you a little slack and not give you too hard a time for not understanding how sebaceous glands work! ;)

Sebaceous glands secrete sebum continuously, without regard to how much oil is sitting on the surface.

I see that you registered here only three months ago, so I'm going to cut you a little slack and not give you too hard a time for not understanding how sebaceous glands work! ;)

Sebaceous glands secrete sebum continuously, without regard to how much oil is sitting on the surface.

Aw, bryan's learning.

Once in the morning and once at night is best. More importantly is the cleansers you are using. Some people need strong ones...some need lighter ones. Some like me just use water.

As long as your face doesnt feel like an overstretched rubberband, then it should be fine. Its winter now in Australia and more than 5 mins in a hot shower will dry my skin really bad.

Guess just try to balance it..after sports maybe just splash your face.