Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Acne has definitely had a huge impact in my life.

I've always been the shy type ever since I was little.. but when I started getting acne in high school, my self-esteem/confidence stooped to an all time low.

Plus the fact that I was scrawny (self-conscious about my posture), acne on my face, and everything else, my life sucked during the last two years of my high school. I pretty much never went out, I stayed home on my computer, etc.

In college, I still suffered from low confidence issues, which resulted in me not getting close to and becoming friends with anyone I met.

Im in my 2nd year in college and my confidence is getting better, but I still feel like I suffer from social anxiety.

I feel uncomfortable in social situations, I try to avoid talking to people, etc.

Yeah, it sucks.

Hopefully I can get over it and be comfortable in social situations, etc.

Guest Brandon

I understand how you feel. I'm in the exact same situation as you. As long as you can be comfortable with a small group of close friends, then don't worry about it.

Guest Brandon

scanning for sarcasm...it's clean! Thank you!

i know exactly how you feel. last week i had to take a placement test and we were forced to sit in alphabetical order. so i sit down and then they call the name of someone who has to sit about 2 feet away from me. lo and behold it was the hottest girl at my high school. imagine a blonde, better looking kirsten dunst with an incredible body. so anyways she approaches me tosses her hair, smiles, and gives me an enthusiastic hi. my acne probably wasnt even that bad but being self concious and shy i dont even really look in her direction and we just sit in silence for about five minutes. sorry for the long story but i just had to get it out. i guess ican take solace knowing that she probably wasnt even interested in me seeing as she was looking down the whole time.

I feel your pain as well. When I'm in a social gathering I almost always feel like people are judging me and I tend not to engage people in conversations because of my paranoria. The past few weeks I've been doing better beause I'm doing a Personality Psychology course at school and am learing all about social anxiety, introversion-extraversion (etc.).

I was the same way, my acne cost me too many realtionships. Even if the person didn't care about acne I was too shy to be social w/ them...

Acne has definitely had a huge impact in my life.

I've always been the shy type ever since I was little.. but when I started getting acne in high school, my self-esteem/confidence stooped to an all time low. 

Plus the fact that I was scrawny (self-conscious about my posture), acne on my face, and everything else, my life sucked during the last two years of my high school. I pretty much never went out, I stayed home on my computer, etc.

In college, I still suffered from low confidence issues, which resulted in me not getting close to and becoming friends with anyone I met.

Im in my 2nd year in college and my confidence is getting better, but I still feel like I suffer from social anxiety. 

I feel uncomfortable in social situations, I try to avoid talking to people, etc. 

Yeah, it sucks. 

Hopefully I can get over it and be comfortable in social situations, etc.

Guest Brandon

I just feel safe and unjudged in my group of friends, and the stress is relieved so I can have a good time.

But the greatest element for escape from this bullshit has been music, by far. I love music.

It will not last forever man. If you are that bothered about your skin, I 100% encourage you to go on accutane. It has changed my life, my skin and my character. All in all, its top. I was 17 when I used it btw. Any advice you need, pm me. Cheers. O:)