Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone, I am new here.

I decided to join here yesterday after a few weeks lurking. I wanted to say all of you are very informative and helpful and any help you can give me is VERY appreciative.

a little background.

i have been battling acne since age 11. I have always worn a mask of makeup to cover it,

at the moment its the worst its ever been. Maybe not but it feels like ive had the same zits for weeks. they arent going anywhere and now im obsessed with picking and squeezing them. I also have terribly noticeable blackheads everywhere that also i must squeeze. For the past week my forehead was completely COVERED in tiny white heads and red marks. Ive had 3 red marks on my cheeks for the past month or two. and always at least two new pimples everyday. at the moment i have a total of 20 zits on my face!

I have tried everything...

proactive, facials, chemical peels, retin-a, baking soda masks, tea tree oil, glycolic acid peel(the worst thing ever!!), sacilic acid peel (this is what i think damaged my skin the worst) noxema, clean and clear, oil of olay, clearisel,EVERYTHING. u name it i have tried it.

i am now taking biotin which is a skin supplement.

I am currently trying a new regime which is cetaphil daily wash, and neutrogena gentle moisturizer. i am not using a toner more then once a day because i think i may have too sensitive skin for it.

th picture i attached that i took of my face yesterday is not clear, its worse then it looks.

the good news is, today i woke up and majority of the forehead pimples went down!

post-77923-1213749088_thumb.jpg

post-77923-1213749088_thumb.jpg

hi and welcome, have you thought about Dan's Reg? It is a really good place to start, but you must read and follow exactly what he does, and how he does it. You are at a good start with the cleanser and moisturizer, if you have any proactiv repair lotion around, you can try that as your 2nd step. It has 2.5% bp, which is what Dan reccs. Wash, dry, don't scrub your skin at all, and everything you do, do it real gentle. When totally dry, put the bp on and let it sink in for 15 mins or longer before the moisturizer. Before you go to bed, you can spot treat some of the areas again with the bp.

When in the past was your skin the best? When was it the worst?

Good luck!

hello everyone. i wanted to give an update. i am 80% clear one monstrous bump on cheek for past 3 days, everything else is on the way out and nooo new bumps!!

Hey all... using this regime I now have 95% clear skin in just one week.

i wear laura mercier tinted moisturizer in stead of heavy foundation, & i use jojoba oil as my makeup remover on a cotton pad.

facewash: Mario Badescu acne facial cleanser or cetaphil facial wash

ingredients:deinized water, glycerin, sodium laureth sulfate, aloe vera gel, hyaluronic acid, thyme extract. chamomile, isopropyl alcohol, saliclyic acid, triethanolmine, propylene glycol

toner: mario badescu aloe vera toner

ingredients: deionized water, aloe gel, methylparaben

acne.org treatment

cetaphil daily facial moisturizer with a few drops jojoba oil

my face is now clear!! i have a few dark red marks that are slowly fading away... all monster zits are GONE :):) i have no active bumps!!!

i am just hoping it stays this way looks like this is my regime that works!!

i dont use any face masks anymore becuz i think they clog my pores and dry out my face, but i just recently used an eggwhite face mask it made my skin very soft :)

post-77923-1215307929_thumb.jpg

post-77923-1215307929_thumb.jpg

i wanted to also say i stopped scrubbing my face and stopped excessively squeezing at blackheads and this is really what i thnk helped the most.

ive cancelled my proactiv as i think its way too harsh for my skin!

uhm yeh i write this as my face is being saturated in proactiv mask. :confused: i told myself i wouldnt use the mask.

i have a total of 8 large crusty scabby bumps on my face because i cannot leave the bumps alone. also when i get the few under the skin large non white heads, i squeeze until the white stuff comes out because i am convinced they will not go down till i do so :( and the red marks last WEEKS. :(

:( My skin reacted well to my regime of cetaphil, dans treatment, jojoba oil and cetaphil face lotion. but after a few months it became, like- immune to it or something, because i am back to my regular battle. ugh im so sick of this shit! Im 25 years old damnit! i am now back to square one, trial and error with other products. there has to be a miracle product out there for me! :(

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/worked-t5...escu&st=440

this thread inspired me to get Provon which is 2 seconds away from being ordered off amazon. also I have Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion in the shopping cart.

just to let you know, I am an aspiring model I could just cry right now because this really holding me back. I had to turn down another photoshoot this weekend because of my flare up :(

my problem is... my skin is sensitive, but oily, but dry. I have blackheads covering my nose, forehead and cheeks. I get large cystic bumps once a week that last for weeks. then i get scattered whiteheads that dont go away and get bigger until i bust them. then i cover this mess with foundation and bronze, and it doesnt help that i also go to the gym wearing makeup and i sweat with it on :( I am considering trying bare essentials foundation but i heard terrible reviews.

i throw up my hands, i give up, and bury my head in sand. Im done. goodnight, thanks for listening and my vent is over,. God? Jesus?? anyone???

someone please help me. :(

this is me with heavy makeup and photoshop and i want to be this girl in real life all the time :*(

post-77923-1225177068_thumb.jpg

post-77923-1225177068_thumb.jpg

In July you wrote that leaving you face alone in terms of picking and squeezing the bumps is what helped the most. How long did that last? Are you picking at them again, or have you still completely quite messing with them?

uhm yeh i write this as my face is being saturated in proactiv mask. :confused: i told myself i wouldnt use the mask.

i have a total of 8 large crusty scabby bumps on my face because i cannot leave the bumps alone. also when i get the few under the skin large non white heads, i squeeze until the white stuff comes out because i am convinced they will not go down till i do so :( and the red marks last WEEKS. :(

:( My skin reacted well to my regime of cetaphil, dans treatment, jojoba oil and cetaphil face lotion. but after a few months it became, like- immune to it or something, because i am back to my regular battle. ugh im so sick of this shit! Im 25 years old damnit! i am now back to square one, trial and error with other products. there has to be a miracle product out there for me! :(

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/worked-t5...escu&st=440

this thread inspired me to get Provon which is 2 seconds away from being ordered off amazon. also I have Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion in the shopping cart.

just to let you know, I am an aspiring model I could just cry right now because this really holding me back. I had to turn down another photoshoot this weekend because of my flare up :(

my problem is... my skin is sensitive, but oily, but dry. I have blackheads covering my nose, forehead and cheeks. I get large cystic bumps once a week that last for weeks. then i get scattered whiteheads that dont go away and get bigger until i bust them. then i cover this mess with foundation and bronze, and it doesnt help that i also go to the gym wearing makeup and i sweat with it on :( I am considering trying bare essentials foundation but i heard terrible reviews.

i throw up my hands, i give up, and bury my head in sand. Im done. goodnight, thanks for listening and my vent is over,. God? Jesus?? anyone???

someone please help me. :(

this is me with heavy makeup and photoshop and i want to be this girl in real life all the time :*(

You are beautiful, I am going to put a few notes of mine about what you wrote above. One thing that I would do is not use things with sodium lauryl or laureth sulfate - it breaks me out and I don't have sensitive skin.

I don't have sensitive skin but I have some of what you described above dry but oily - stuff underneath that I messed with plus regular acne too. I think many of us that have acne issues have problem with our skin exfoliating on its own. I did 2 things: I combined SA and BP into my regimen and then I started to exfoliate by using Alpha Hydrox souffle and using a facial mitt to get the top layer of crap off my face. (diva dryer mitt or wondercloth - you can find at bed, bath and beyond) If you can start getting the deep down stuff up and out and then continuing to exfoliate to help the topicals penetrate your skin better - you may see an improvement.

I do recc. using the BE for makeup instead of the gunky makeup for a while. Sheer cover works well too and others out there, but I can't speak to those as I haven't used.

Later I learned more and started with MA's and I really like them, but the core of my regimen is still bp and sa. I also am finding great results from Green Cream - and that regeneration of your skin really makes a difference in your acne. I did all of this over the past year- and found what works and what is working now that the weather is turning again, isn't what worked this summer.

Don't give up - careful of what you use due to your sensitivity - and you will find something I am sure. Paula's Choice SA products are great I have heard and will be my next purchase.

Take care - pm if you like.

ugh face is still crap. i now have many many bumps on my lower cheek by my jaw line that arent even red! also mu temples are completely broken out.

i am now using cetaphil face wash, and nivea face cream.

not the worse its ever been but still disgusting!!

hi 1lasthope

I was wondering if you ordered the Provon wash as i read that thread and it sounded great! too good to be true!! i was wondering if you had used it and if it worked!

im fed up shelling out money on thinsg that dont work! i have tried everything including Laser treatment but the spots on my chin just wont go!!

also you said about Bareminerals make-up. i switched to it about a month ago and i love it!

its so natural! i also just started using a tinted moisturiser first as my skin has got really dry as im using Retin A gel!

hi 1lasthope

I was wondering if you ordered the Provon wash as i read that thread and it sounded great! too good to be true!! i was wondering if you had used it and if it worked!

im fed up shelling out money on thinsg that dont work! i have tried everything including Laser treatment but the spots on my chin just wont go!!

also you said about Bareminerals make-up. i switched to it about a month ago and i love it!

its so natural! i also just started using a tinted moisturiser first as my skin has got really dry as im using Retin A gel!

Hi Kimmi sorry for such late response. I did use Provon for about a month. it completely dried out my skin! it brought up new smaller bumps out the woodworks. i wouldnt recommend it at all

So. I am now 4 months pregnant. and you wouldnt BELIEVE how terribly broken out my face is. this is something that puts my prior acne problems to shame. my hormones are way out of wack! i also now have chest and back acne something i have NEVER had!

:snooty:

seriously i want to hide under a ROCK. :ninja: AND NEVER COME OUT

so. this is my current regime starting this week. bumps going down, but every morning a new whitehead :(

dans cleanser, proactiv treatment cream, and neutragena oil free lotion.

reading down when my skin was at its clearest i used Mario badescu face wash. maybe i should purchase that again!

bare minerals didnt blend well into my skin, i have a weird yellow skin tone... i use laura mercier tinted moisturizer for makeup.

:ninja:

I'm now 6 months pregnant. and my skin is still completely terrible!!

I am now using neutrogena acne facial wash, proactiv tonor, an neutrogena moisturizer with a few drop of camellia oil.

Its erupted all over my chin, above my lip, temples, and all along my lower cheeks/jawline. everywhere else is clear

I havent even been wearing make up to clog pores- this is all hormonal acne. :cry::wall:

i keep changing regimes hoping for a miracle, im tired, and so is my wallet. :( Dan's regime didnt work well for me.

apple cider vinegar works!! it does burn a bit. and it drys out pimples. so must exfolitate!

to get rid of that terrible hormonal acne i used

neutrogena face wash, i mixed a big of sugar in it once every days to exfoliate,

apple cider vinegar.

coco butter afterwards. i needed a thick moisturizer to sooth acv an exfoliate burning sensation

after 2 weeks i stopped acv as the pimples dried up

right now i only have two small activr bumps. i can deal with that :)

but i do have old red marks/scars i hope they fade!

I am now using still neutrogena every other day and then dark angels face wash from lush, and I moisturize with coco butter. my face is really clearing up. :)

Edited by 1LastHope

i am bump free right now. tons of scars tho :(

im currently using an oil of olay face wash and cocobutter

also i RARELY use makeup which i think is really helping out the most!!

thank the lord!!