Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ghostunit

How much you spend on organic foods a week?

I spend $100+ just buying a few stuff that wont last a week at all.

what about u.

But IS worth it. , I spend all my money on organic foods and save the rest. :\

$0. They are a ripoff guided toward the ignorant consumer - similar to 3 year warranties to electronic gadgets that are more than the gadget themselves, insurance on mail, and super premium gas (94+).

If theres a farmers market or something nearby get your food there. that way you wont spend so much. organic food at grocery stores is super expensive.

I can spend between £70 - £100 a week (that's $140-$200).

Expensive stuff but worth it in my opinion and I definitely taste the difference... The bloody fruit and veg looks different (less sexy) for god's sake, that's got to give some indication that they are very different...

God I wish you'd stop spewing out your ignorant rhetoric garbage Necromancer.

I spend about $160 Canadian on food weekly. 90% of if isn't even organic, that would just completely ruin me.

I spend about $160 Canadian on food weekly. 90% of if isn't even organic, that would just completely ruin me.

He's not wrong. Organic is just like a fad, i doubt there's that much of a difference.

Its just another way for grocery stores to jack up the prices and make profits from gullible consumers who don't know any better.

He's not wrong. Organic is just like a fad, i doubt there's that much of a difference.

Its just another way for grocery stores to jack up the prices and make profits from gullible consumers who don't know any better.

There is a HUGE difference between organic and conventional meat.

And as for produce:

Organic produce will have higher levels of certain compounds that act as antioxidants. It makese sense: Plants produce these compounds to protect themselves from insects and infection and whatever else. But if we spray them with pesticides, the plants have a reduced need to protect themselves, thus they will produce less antioxidants, and that means less nutrition for us when we eat them. Meanwhile, we'll be taking in pesticides that were sprayed on the plants.

Organic apples and carrots have proven to have higher amounts of querctin and beta carotene, respectively.

Also consider that conventional butter has 20x the concentration of toxins of a serving of produce. One excellent reason to buy organic butter.

And finally, organic farming better sustains the soil, since organic farmers practice switching off crops as to not deplete the soil. Organic-raised animals are also required more pasture time than regular animals.

If you think there is no difference between organic and conventional, you're just being near-sighted.

My mum buys organic food every week. Not only because It's good for you but because alot of food today has alot of pathogens and is injected with hormones to keep it fresher for longer. And in my analysis these abnormal chemicals lead to cancer.

You may not know it but cancer and alot of other diseases are man made from our enviroment with all the thousands of manmade chemicals we use ever week.

I dont really think tbh we had cancer a couple of hundred years ago.

Cancer is caused by stress and enviromental conditions in my opinion.

Say no to GM Food. xx

What a pile of mince

I actually work at an organic farm, so I grow my own produce for free. Trust me, there IS a difference between organic and not organic.

As for meat, it is free range and organic, but it is actually not that expensive, maybe $30 a week?

That is pretty sad how unknowledgable people are about things as simple as food. Here's a shocking story to put you in check about how unaware you are of the world:

There is a contact lense company. They sell contact lenses that are daily, weekly, and monthly. The different contact lenses are supposed to be for those 3 time periods so you can't wear a daily for more than a few days because they are for daily use only. The catch is that all 3 'types' of contacts are all the SAME THING! Can this really happen? YES IT DID. The company was called Bausch and Lomb:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/rlubensky/2...ns-scandal.html

Now with so many gullible people like you living on Earth, you really think that those overpriced organic foods are really that special? Perhaps you need to do research because my intelligence is pristine and my awareness is Spiderman cause there ain't no sucker in Necromancer.

Smart member to the aid ^ ! Organic = fad to the max.

What a pile of mince

Sad to see the human mind get brainwashed so badly. I feel sorry for you.

NOT! - Borat

Necromancer,

What the hell does contact lenses have to do with organic foods? That is the dumbest most irrevlevant comparison to anything I have ever read.

Believe it or not, just because you say or think something is right, does not make it right. Your post is so ignorant and lacks any backing other than your opinion. You can choose to ignore facts and keep living your blissfully ignorant life. Just don't bash people who make conscious, reality-based decisions.

Necromancer,

What the hell does contact lenses have to do with organic foods? That is the dumbest most irrevlevant comparison to anything I have ever read.

Believe it or not, just because you say or think something is right, does not make it right. Your post is so ignorant and lacks any backing other than your opinion. You can choose to ignore facts and keep living your blissfully ignorant life. Just don't bash people who make conscious, reality-based decisions.

LOL. Here the thesis to what I was saying: not every business, entity, system, or program in this world is completely honest, straight-forward, or legit. I'm sorry you couldn't figure that one out.

Actually 99.9% of the stuff I say about nutrition or acne (for mild to moderate sufferers that are male) is correct. Living an ignorant life? Not exactly. I am actually one of the few that aren't living fantasies, procrastinating on dreams, and using every excuse in the book as to why they should start doing what they want today.

You mention facts. What facts are there. Give me and all the millions around the world reasons as to why organic foods are superior to regular food. Here let me start for you so I can own you in your own cause - all straight from the head.

Processed foods - ok, I'll give you that; organic foods supposedly are natural and so rewarding

Non-hormonal - ok, since when were hormones a bad thing anyways? provide reasons. my reasons as to why they are good - especially in meat and milk, - I use them in my favor for bodybuilding. Milk has natural GH and is definitely NOT a BAD THING

Now you add your other reasons. Keep in mind that this is a US/European thing (mostly US). Keep in mind that there are people in Asian countries that don't have this organic crap and are living much healthier lives than most of the US population, as well as longer.

Also, the whole organic thing is a joke because the FDA should first focus on fixing the cancer in restaurant society called fast food.

What's funnY? When I see obese people going from McDonald's to the local Whole Foods store carrying their french fries buying organic foods. Now that is true comedy at its best.

Necromancer 1

sleaman 0

.... if ya can smelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

.... what the Necro.......mancer.............

....is cookin'! :dance:

If anything conventional farming practices are an unsustainable FAD that has already begun to self destruct. Do some research people, get your head out of the ground. Organic farming has been the standard method of agriculture for thousands of years. Its only in the last 100 years that we have seen the rise of chemical/industrial agriculture and all the the health problem that come from consuming a diet laden in endocrine disruptors. For gods sake just look at the age at which girls are reaching puberty today if you want the most obvious example of proof. I typically spend around 60.00 a week on organic produce and meat. I only eat whole foods though so I dont spend the high dollar for processed organic foods.

And to necromancer, I'm sorry but you have no idea what your talking about. With every post you only make yourself appear less and less intelligent.

If anything conventional farming practices are an unsustainable FAD that has already begun to self destruct. Do some research people, get your head out of the ground. Organic farming has been the standard method of agriculture for thousands of years. Its only in the last 100 years that we have seen the rise of chemical/industrial agriculture and all the the health problem that come from consuming a diet laden in endocrine disruptors. For gods sake just look at the age at which girls are reaching puberty today if you want the most obvious example of proof. I typically spend around 60.00 a week on organic produce and meat. I only eat whole foods though so I dont spend the high dollar for processed organic foods.

And to necromancer, I'm sorry but you have no idea what your talking about. With every post you only make yourself appear less and less intelligent.

I'm sorry too. But the non-organic 'bad food' that everyone hates around here is what made me who I am today. What does reaching puberty early have to do with anything bad? How is it bad in general. People are getting bigger and stronger. Where is the flaw in that?

Also, you spend $60/week on organic food. How much you spend on food eating out at fast food/restaurants?

It really is hilarious seeing all these high-walking people brag about organic food like they are so holy yet they ALL eat the junk that is out there from time to time. You are all basically adding fresh oil to an engine that is already contaminated/broke.

As for being intelligent, I am light years beyond you. If this were a race, I would have lapped you several times by now.

-Genius Level IQ

-Nuclear Engineer

-Getting MBA

-Spelling Bee champion from elementary to high school

-Cum Laude Graduate

-Honors up the butt

-Scholarships to everything

Domination! Knowledge is POWER! :D

Breakdown of organic vs. conventional foods (taken from the internet since most people here never have read a nutrition textbook and I chose to use your own references against you):

Nutrition. No conclusive evidence shows that organic food is more nutritious than is conventionally grown food. And the USDA — even though it certifies organic food — doesn't claim that these products are safer or more nutritious.

Necromancer 1

World 0

Quality and appearance. Organic foods meet the same quality and safety standards as conventional foods. The difference lies in how the food is produced, processed and handled. You may find that organic fruits and vegetables spoil faster because they aren't treated with waxes or preservatives. Also, expect less-than-perfect appearances in some organic produce — odd shapes, varying colors and perhaps smaller sizes. In most cases, however, organic foods look identical to their conventional counterparts.

Necromancer 2

World 0

Pesticides. Conventional growers use pesticides to protect their crops from molds, insects and diseases. When farmers spray pesticides, this can leave residue on produce. Some people buy organic food to limit their exposure to these residues. Most experts agree, however, that the amount of pesticides found on fruits and vegetables poses a very small health risk.

Necromancer 3

World 0

Environment. Some people buy organic food for environmental reasons. Organic farming practices are designed to benefit the environment by reducing pollution and conserving water and soil. (LOL!)

Necromancer 4

World 0

Cost. Most organic food costs more than conventional food products. Higher prices are due to more expensive farming practices, tighter government regulations and lower crop yields. Because organic farmers don't use herbicides or pesticides, many management tools that control weeds and pests are labor intensive. For example, organic growers may hand weed vegetables to control weeds, and you may end up paying more for these vegetables.

Necromancer 5

World 0

Taste. Some people say they can taste the difference between organic and nonorganic food. Others say they find no difference. Taste is a subjective and personal consideration, so decide for yourself. But whether you buy organic or not, finding the freshest foods available may have the biggest impact on taste.

Necromancer 6

World 0

I was more right than I thought. WOW. :dance:

Necromancer, The FDA also states that no significant difference has been found between milk from cattle treated with RBGH and those without it. They are not exactly the most trust-worthy organization, in my opinion.

ok necromancer you are right and everyone else is wrong

there, doesn't that feel better!

There was no question so I assume that you made a statement for your ownself hehe. :)

Necromancer, The FDA also states that no significant difference has been found between milk from cattle treated with RBGH and those without it. They are not exactly the most trust-worthy organization, in my opinion.

Just an example. I don't listen to the FDA much. I just know food. It is my job. :)

ok necromancer you are right and everyone else is wrong

there, doesn't that feel better!

There was no question so I assume that you made a statement for your ownself hehe. :)

I was actually directing it at your ego :)

Generally (it differs from country to country and even between states), organic indicates that the food is produced:

"without the use of conventional pesticides, artificial fertilizers, human waste, or sewage sludge, and that they were processed without ionizing radiation or food additives. Livestock are reared without the routine use of antibiotics and without the use of growth hormones."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_food

Any serious health advocate will see that those qualities, though very requisite and necessary, are not enough; there needs to be more restrictions:

For vegetables and fruits, they must be protected with no artifical preservatives; they must be fresh and ripe (ripe literally means "ready to be eaten); they must grown in soil that is not depleted of nutrients and beneficial organisms, as well as allowed to rest for a period of time.

For meats, eggs, and dairy, the animals in question should be raised humanely and allowed a large space to wander in; they should be fed a natural diet (eg: grass and hay for cows, with minimal grains in the winter and trace supplementation).

By the way, everything I regurgitated is in rakbs' post (#9); read it (especially you Neocromancer ;-))!