Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cornflakeGirl

does the peeling ever stop

hey guys!

i've been on the regimen for around 8 days now, and im happy to say that it is working quite well! my old zits are gone.. i havent seen the formation of any new one.. i have lots of red spots from the old acne, but i know that will fade over time. this rocks!

however, i do have a question. my face consantnly looks sunburned.. slightly pink & peeling.. does this ever stop? will i always have to use lots and lots of moisturizer to have normal looking skin? if i dont put moisturizer on, i have skin flakes everywhere. me without a hefty amount of cream can arguably be just as bad as having the light acne that i had.

so basically, my question is, will my skin ever get desensitzed to the strength of the cream? i dont mind using moisturizer forever, cause its a good thing.. but i just dont want to look like a horror if i have to go w/o it.

for most people i think the flaking does stop after a while. but ive been doing the regimen for over 4 months now and although it has got slowly better it has never stopped. to help with the flakes i would suggest to use an exfoliant, but you have to choose which one wisely.

The flaking will subside, so will the redness. However, you should always be somewhat flaky, as BP is a mild drying and peeling agent. A good alpha hydroxy moisturizer will take care of that.

blah that kinda stinks.. cause even with the moisturizer.. i still have a, i guess leathery look to my skin. im extremely jealous of those right now with such hydrated skin.

thanks for the replies

Hey cornflakegirl, biggrin.gif

I started the regime last monday and my face started peeling really badly too!! But last night i used an exfoliant by Origins and massaged it on my face lightly which took off all the dead skin. This made my face completely clear of skin peels. Except this morning after doing the regime again i got some flaky skin!! You're not alone! i'm still trying to figure out if i should exfoliate twice a week or if it will irritate my skin. But what moisturizer are you using! Maybe you can try another moisturizer it might help!