Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Derek B

Accutane vs. Acne -> My Play by Play Story.

What's up everyone!

I have been trying tons of OTC drugs to fight the acne, and to be honest it's looking better then ever. (I think this is more luck then anything else) Anywho I scheduled an apt. with the best derm in our area and today (one month later after setting the apt.) I finally got to see him.

He walked in pretty cheerful, telling me he was so excited to see me and he was totally going to help. Of course he walks in with two beautiful girls to assist him in looking at my face and explaining to me that I have acne! =)

Without me saying anything he basically straight up said, you're going on Accutane.

To be honest with you I'm slightly freaked out. The whole blood-work thing literally scares me to death (I'm a panzy I know I know).. But I guess it's blood work, or acne.... I'm going to take the route of being freaked out for a 10-15 minutes a month to look good for the rest of my life.

So I think I'm going to get my blood work done tomorrow, going to read the little booklet they gave me and sign all my papers and start tomorrow.

I will try to post some pictures tonight or tomorrow so you guys can see what we have to work with!

Talk soon

-Derek

Okay, got my blood work done today!

My derm wants me to start tommorow so I will be stopping in tomorrow to give them my forms and make sure my blood work went okay, which I'm sure it did.

So instead of my day one blog, I will give you the stuff I left out in my first post..

Me:

20/Male -

I had acne for about 4-5 years. It got extremely bad 2 years ago, and I've tried nearly everything, and now Accutane! (goodbye acne).

I'll post some pictures up tomorrow after I get my prescription. Hopefully everything goes good tomorrow and I can start!

I'm actually kinda excited to see how the side effects hit me. Probably a weird take on it.. but after reading the long list of possibilities I feel like it will be like watching a time bomb tick as soon as I take that first pill! haha. So let's see how "lucky" I am. =)

enough for now, and back to work for me!

-Derek

I'm actually kinda excited to see how the side effects hit me. Probably a weird take on it.. but after reading the long list of possibilities I feel like it will be like watching a time bomb tick as soon as I take that first pill! haha. So let's see how "lucky" I am. =)

haha i felt the same when i was just starting on tane. i was excited..........until they actually happened. anyways good luck on your course! i'm sure this'll be one of the best decisions of your life =)

Day 1:

Yay... Got my prescription filled and I took my pill around 5ish PM. Nothing exciting today. I didn't think anything would happen, or that I would get any side effects yet. I bought tons of lip medex blistex and artificial tears to prepare for the dryness that is coming soon.

Quick question - should I drink tons of fluid to try and combat the dryness? Or just stay like normal and live through the dryness.

This is short one because nothing exciting happened. I will have to think of something exciting for you guys to check out each day as I post the day-by-day check ups.. so I will ponder this while I get back to work.

Seeya tommorow!

hey man glad to see u started. Im on day 7 right now and things seems to be going okayish. My lips are getting chapped and my face less oiy but still not fully dry. Im on 40mg daily. I have been having a few mild breakouts which seem to me like the IB has started. Dont get discouraged if things get worse im trying not to, ive heard its the storm before the quiet. Good luck hopefully we will both be super clear soon!

Day 2:

So I don't know if its normal or not (since it's my first time on accutane) but my doctor also prescribed me for Clindamycin Phosphate 2 times a day. I put it on earlier today and it seemed like it went on really nicely and it didn't effect me too much. I'm just about to put my second one on for the night.

As for the accutane.. nothing special yet..

Here's the deal on the pictures.. I was totally going to come home and put some pictures up right after baseball practice today.. but at practice a ball took a bad hop off of a stone on a play at home and caught me right on the face! Since it caught me right on my cheek bone it left some really nice swelling..

When the swelling dies down a little bit I promise to show you my perty little face!

Day 3:

I forgot to note, I'm on 40mg a day.

Just took my pill a short bit ago. Nothing exciting at all! The swelling is almost down enough to take some pictures for you guys.

I'm super super busy though with my business so I can't write much. I just wanted to get my post in for the day.

Talk soon.

Day 4:

Okay.. I'm STARTING to notice a little bit of dryness in my lips.. but nothing worth even starting to put my blistex on yet..

I got a question for you guys though!

Your accutane pills, do they look empty? Taking mine today I squeezed it accidentally and it squeezed pretty easily.. so I held it up to a light and it honestly looks empty! I'm tempted to crack one open to see if theres anything in it! lol

-Derek

Day 10:

Okay so I slakced off terribly with updating you guys. I've been busy with a lot of things and didnt update my log.

My lips are super super super super super dry. I put blistex on about 30-40 times a day and they are still crazy dry.

As for my acne.. It's getting dramatically better by the day. I got one giant zit on my neck, that appeared yesterday.. today it died down A LOT and my face.. is getting so so clear.

Is it possible that I don't get the initial break out, and that accutane just clears my face? Or is this the normal thing.. gets good, initial break out, then finally clears up.

Either way.. I see it's working.. All I'm suffering from is lip dryness!