Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
corvettelexi

who smokes here do you think it effects your acne

im not a everyday smoker but everytime i have a cigg when im out with friends and drinking i always feel like i havve more pimples in the morning

how did any of you stop smoking ..........i smoke once in a while but i really need help quitting anddddd i dont want to smoke agin

and i reallhy think it makes my face worse is there a realtionship with acne and smoking

im not a everyday smoker but everytime i have a cigg when im out with friends and drinking i always feel like i havve more pimples in the morning

how did any of you stop smoking ..........i smoke once in a while but i really need help quitting anddddd i dont want to smoke agin

and i reallhy think it makes my face worse is there a realtionship with acne and smoking

Smoking is bad. :ninja:

Tons of people smoked in high school because "it was cool"

Half of those people now quit because they realized it "wasn't cool"

The other half wish they had never because they know its "not cool"

If you aren't addicted now, don't get addicted.

I can't stand the smell and I especially hate kissing girls that smoke a lot

Ask for your friends help and when you ask them for a cigarette have them tell you no. I use to like to smoke when I drank but thank god I just up and stopped doing it. It tastes bad, makes your teeth ugly and I think that yes it does effect your skin. When you want to light up just think of how it will effect your skin and that should be enough to make you realize it is not worth it. Oh yeah that and um cancer

If you are addicted, which I highly doubt you are, you can try the nicotine patch or some other crap.

Smoking is plain nasty.

No, i don't think it is related. I stopped smoking for 37 days once... And i still had acne.

If u are not addicted, please stop. I wish i could...I've tried sometimes but i have never been succeded...

Tons of people smoked in high school because "it was cool"

Half of those people now quit because they realized it "wasn't cool"

The other half wish they had never because they know its "not cool"

If you aren't addicted now, don't get addicted.

I can't stand the smell and I especially hate kissing girls that smoke a lot

True!

smoking is a big turn off

Ya! Reminds me of guys. I am not into guys like that hehe.

Ask for your friends help and when you ask them for a cigarette have them tell you no. I use to like to smoke when I drank but thank god I just up and stopped doing it. It tastes bad, makes your teeth ugly and I think that yes it does effect your skin. When you want to light up just think of how it will effect your skin and that should be enough to make you realize it is not worth it. Oh yeah that and um cancer

Ya! Seinfeld where Kramer stayed in a room smoking Cubans for a weekend, his face was like an old catchers mitt. Girls that smoke are eww!

If you are addicted, which I highly doubt you are, you can try the nicotine patch or some other crap.

Smoking is plain nasty.

You said it brotha!

No, i don't think it is related. I stopped smoking for 37 days once... And i still had acne.

If u are not addicted, please stop. I wish i could...I've tried sometimes but i have never been succeded...

Wrong.

I smoke when I drink, otherwise I never even think about having one...I sometimes wake up from a long night of drinking with some new blemishes, usually my red marks are just brighter but I think that's the alcohol making more blood rush to my face, so it takes a day or 2 for them to fade again back to normal...I dont think there is any real connection between smoking and acne but I think if too much smoke gets in your face it can dry you out which I guess in turn can cause new break outs...

Oh and umm.. I think seeing a woman puff on a cigarette can be very sexy, certain ones pull it off. Although girls who smoke daily or often are very unattractive("if they have their own pack, send em back")..just my opinion. I still think cigarettes are nasty but the occasional one isn't bad at all.

Smoking has no correlation to acne what so ever.. I smoke cigars every now and then, and it never ever affected my skin, i smoke cigarettes sometimes, im not a cigarette smoker, but because im accustomed to smoking cigars, cigarettes never do it for me, so anytime i start smoking cigarettes, i always wind up smoking like 6 in a row. However i realize thats not good for health so since im not addicted i dint let myself get that far.

But smoking, drinking, doing drugs, have other bad effects on the body but have no affect on acne what-so-ever.

Drinking was something i heavily got into, and it never gave me acne, smoking i've done on and off and never got acne from it, drugs i never have don but i've known a few people from around where i live who were heavily into all sorts of drugs and smoked all day and never had anything less than perfect skin.

Smoking might not give you acne, but it is a fact that i worsens the skin. It won't show right now, but wait a few decades or so and see the results.

Who in their right mind wants to smoke? I've never even touched a cigg. I've got asthma all my life and have had way too many extremly heavy breathing experiences to make me stay away from those.

In my personal experience I don't think it causes acne. I use to smoke a bit when I was quite young, and at that time I didn't have acne. Now I don't smoke and I do get pimples.

I'd imagine even though it might not cause acne, it is probably bad for the overall condition of your skin.

Smoking is known to give your skin a bad texture and a greyish flat skin tone, but I don't believe it causes acne.

When I have quit in the past I haven't noticed any difference with my acne.

I'm planning on quitting at the end of the month, again :rolleyes: Hopefully it helps the texture and colour of my skin, now that I'm almost free of active acne.

You say that its when you have been out drinking ? When i have been out drinking i ALWAYS wake up with 4-5 new pimpels the next morning, so are you certain its not the alcohol causing it ?

You say that its when you have been out drinking ? When i have been out drinking i ALWAYS wake up with 4-5 new pimpels the next morning, so are you certain its not the alcohol causing it ?

thats a good point . maybe it is the alcohol and a little bit of the mix with ciggs.

it cant hurt my skin or my body to cut out smoking for good ...eiither way a pack of ciggs went up to 9 .50 in nyc

thats a good point . maybe it is the alcohol and a little bit of the mix with ciggs.

it cant hurt my skin or my body to cut out smoking for good ...eiither way a pack of ciggs went up to 9 .50 in nyc

In my opinion you should cut down on the partying. I know it can be hard i really had problems myself, but just stay determained and focus on the end result :)

smoking is bad. smoking is horrible. blah blah blah. Lots and lots of people smoke cigs. I don't anymore, but pretty much all my friends do. Get over it ppl. And no. I dont think smoking causes more zits.

Smoking might not give you acne, but it is a fact that i worsens the skin. It won't show right now, but wait a few decades or so and see the results.

True