Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShawnW

What foods do you live on?

There are literally THOUSANDS of places that will tell me what NOT to eat, but what SHOULD I eat?

I've had a weight problem my entire life, and it's been a struggle to find help for it because I'm not overweight - I'm underweight. I'm not anorexic, I'm not bulimic, I don't 'try' to be this skinny, I just am. Anyway, my point is that I've tried high-fat diets in an attempt to gain some healthy weight, and all I seem to get is more acne and a stomach ache.

What healthy (as in naturally healthy - I don't need no diet water!) foods do you guys like to stock up on, that you know don't aggravate your acne?

vegetables and

-boneless skinless chicken breast

-apples

-bananas

-walnuts

-almonds

-eggs

-fish

-tea without sugar

Sticking to just foods like this sucks though.

There seems to be a new topic on this everyday by someone wanting someone to lay out everything for them. I would really recommend reading the stickies and using the search engine, there is enough info already here to keep you busy reading for days. Im not trying to be rude but if your serious about getting healthy and getting rid your acne you should take the initiative to do a little research on your own and then if you have specific questions ask away.

There seems to be a new topic on this everyday by someone wanting someone to lay out everything for them. I would really recommend reading the stickies and using the search engine, there is enough info already here to keep you busy reading for days. Im not trying to be rude but if your serious about getting healthy and getting rid your acne you should take the initiative to do a little research on your own and then if you have specific questions ask away.

lol i know, right? there needs to be a sticky on "FOODS YOU CAN EAT SO STOP ASKING 100000 TIMES."

i dont see the big deal in him starting his own thread...does it really matter to you all that he did it...just dont read it and especially dont waste your time posting snotty un helpful responses..your wasting your own time...i dont see why you care what threads are on here...you know the ones you have not read go post on them....anyways

i typically eat

fish

chicken

a lot of fruit

all nuts since they dont break me out...

smoothies

veggies veggies veggies

hardboiled eggs (good for gaining weight)

basically that is it but my advice is to get yourself on a very basic diet like chicken fish and fruit and veggies until you clear then you can start to incorporate other things to see if they break you out if not then add them in moderation...

i did this with granola bars...and other snack food...

but to keep weight or gain is all about calorie intake so just overload on the good stuff like chcken and veggies

look in the freezer section for the bags of boneless tenderloins 100% natural and eat like 3-4 portions a day with a serving of greens and a few hard boiled eggs...but get full more then once or twice..

instead of three big meals a day eat a high calorie portion 4-5 times a day and you will gain weight with healthy benefits...

and take no notice of the people complaining about repeat topics its not a big deal its just a lucrative way to find out helpful advice for personal gain...they will get over it..

I eat a ton of stir frys with tofu, lots of veggie dogs/ burgers, have fruit and some vegatbles though out the day, and drink a lot of soy milk.

I eat a ton of stir frys with tofu, lots of veggie dogs/ burgers, have fruit and some vegatbles though out the day, and drink a lot of soy milk.

Why so much soy?

I can relate to having problems to gain weight.

I eat at least a table spoon of extra virgin coconut oil a day and also add a lot of other healthy oils to my diet. I do not heat any of them. I usually put them in my salat in my rice to give it some flavor or I just take a Table spoon as a snack. Nuts and driet fruits are also good, but depending on their origin they can cause me stomach problems. The oils I like are sesam, linseed, pumpkinseed and olive oil, besides the aforementioned coconut oil, which is my favorite. I have eaten 54 ounzes of coconut oil over the last say 3 months and I gained about 5 kilos and surprisingly non of it is fat although I hardly exercise more often than once every two weeks, all muscle, it is really a miracle. I eat a lot of meat too preferably chicken.

I think you might focuss more on healing your gut and digestive system rather than specific foods. If you have leky gut or something it doesn't matter what you eat if your body wont abosorb it. I used to eat non-stop and never gained a pound, and I concluded my body wasnt absorbing the food. I focussed on healing that problem and have been able to put on weight recently without eating nearly as much. Just thought id thow that out there. good luck