Notifications
Clear all

Pool/Hot Tub

MemberMember
(@jjss009966)

Posted : 06/16/2008 6:40 pm

I was wondering if it will be okay for me to go swimming in a small pool and go in a hot tub. I just thought the chemicals in the pool and tub might irritate my skin. Thanks for any advice.

MemberMember
(@roope)

Posted : 06/16/2008 6:44 pm

I don't have any personal experience but I've heard that chlorine might irritate your skin. Shouldn't be anything too serious though so don't worry about it.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 06/16/2008 7:10 pm

Just rinse off the chemicals when you're done and moisturize, too. I regularly used a hot tub while on Accutane without any difficulty. Rinse off! Moisturize! :) I like using mineral oil in the shower; it helped a LOT while on Accutane.

MemberMember
(@thuglife2k5)

Posted : 07/03/2008 11:43 pm

well FOR ME

The pool/hot tub mix is prolly the main reason that my acne went away.

i had moderate severe and im so against all those creams/moisturizers/super lasers/toners stuff...they always seem like theyd make things worse...

-The hot tub definintly tones down my redness and relieves stress and inflamation.

-The pool i think just really clears out the bacteria to prevent any more problems with ur occuring acne

-helps scabs a lot too

ive heard mixed reviews..for me its highly highly recommended

MemberMember
(@done-crying)

Posted : 01/14/2022 7:36 pm

I'm on Accutane and I just got in a hot tub. At first it seemed like everything was okay and after about 10 minutes or so the skin on the back of my hands started to burn and boil. I noticed tinny bumps all over my hands and it swollen and red. Now my skin is extremely try in some places no matter how much lotion I apply. Smh. Rookie mistake. Be careful.