Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
didi78

MAMA LOTION worked WONDERS for my hyperpigmentation in just 1 month!

Hi everyone! I usually post on the personal regimen logs, but I wanted to share with you guys my experience with MAMA lotion. I had previously been using Differin for several months now with inconsistent results, a lot of purging (cysts and smaller pimples on my chin), all of which left me with tons of hyperpigmentation (red and brown) spots on my chin. After months of my regimen, I was feeling pretty hopeless with my situation, and frustrated that my differin regimen was not working.

Then I decided to introduce MAMA lotion to my regimen. After 2 weeks of using MAMA every other night, alternating with Differin, my hyperpigmentation lightened significantly. Now, it's been almost a full month, and I wear significantly less makeup! My cysts have fallen off, I didn't get any new cysts this month, my hyperpigmentation have lightened, and my chin's skin tone is much more even. Some of the hyperpigmentation had been there for months too (and differin didn't really get rid of them)!!!

The day I started MAMA Lotion on May 19th, 2008:

post-69437-1213650301_thumb.jpg

Today, June 16th, 2008 after using MAMA for almost a month:

post-69437-1213650308_thumb.jpg

post-69437-1213650301_thumb.jpg

post-69437-1213650308_thumb.jpg

Some pretty good results.. Those brown marks are the worst though. Keep updating :)

I tried MAMA, but I think I stopped too early.. Wasn't using it like I was supposed too. Does it smell to you? After being on for 20+minutes? I couldn't stand it, though it might had been just me. :doh:

Hi dNA! Yea, i have a few darker brown spots that are taking more time to go away, but I feel confident that they should fade in time with regular use of Mama.

I can tolerate the smell. I actually don't notice it anymore. It's a weird acid smell.

How long did you use mama?

On and off about 4 weeks.. I was using it before bed everyday then started downhill applying it.

On and off about 4 weeks.. I was using it before bed everyday then started downhill applying it.

Did everyday use cause peeling or irritation at all? 4 weeks should have been enough time to see results. Anyways, if you decide to try it again, I wish you good luck!

Your skin looks great (the before pic as well) didi. Do you think MaMa would help to fade very blotchy skin too? I have almost no active acne though my skin needs TONS of cover up to look ok (not even good after all that).

What do you think? I guess it costs a lot to get it shipped to Scandinavia as well..

Hi ready2rumble. May I ask what you mean by blotchy? Is it just redness or is it hyperpigmentation or is it white spots? I really have no idea. I only have my experience, which is with hyperpigmentation. If you go on the mama website, http://www.mamalotion.com/

they have a lot of before-after pictures of people with different skin conditions, so maybe that can give you a better idea. Good luck in Scandinavia!

Hi ready2rumble. May I ask what you mean by blotchy? Is it just redness or is it hyperpigmentation or is it white spots? I really have no idea. I only have my experience, which is with hyperpigmentation. If you go on the mama website, http://www.mamalotion.com/

they have a lot of before-after pictures of people with different skin conditions, so maybe that can give you a better idea. Good luck in Scandinavia!

Hi,

Oh sorry, I mean hyperpigmented and very uneven-looking skin (I need to cover up with lots of concealer and foundation, especially around mouth and chin). The only place on my face which looks like somewhat even skintone in my forehead.

Yeah I saw the pics on the mama website and it seemed to good to be true almost. But I am thinking about trying it especially since you posted pics as well.... The reason I asked was because I though your skin looked great to start with and that it might not yield any results for me since I have more uneven skin with darks marks all over.

Good luck with your skin!!!

I've been using Mama Lotion for a little over a month twice a week. With Results! No more cystic acne. and the marks are fading.

I'm starting to use it every other day this week and see how it goes. I think a month of 'adjustment' is enough.

What do you guys think? should i do every other day or just stick with twice a week (slow progress).

Nope, no peeling or irritation for me.. thanks you :)

I've been using Mama Lotion for a little over a month twice a week. With Results! No more cystic acne. and the marks are fading.

I'm starting to use it every other day this week and see how it goes. I think a month of 'adjustment' is enough.

What do you guys think? should i do every other day or just stick with twice a week (slow progress).

Hi! I'm glad to hear you are also benefiting from MAMA. The directions say that you can definitely transition to every other day after a short adjustment phase. But it really depends on your skin type, so scale back if you experience any irritation or peeling. Good luck!

well I'm peeling a tiny bit but it's not even noticeable (and that's @ 2 times a week). It's most evident after a shower then i pat dry my skin. It's no biggie and my skin is definitely not irritated.

I'm going to transition to once every other day. I hope my PIH fades more or better, completely in a month!

well I'm peeling a tiny bit but it's not even noticeable (and that's @ 2 times a week). It's most evident after a shower then i pat dry my skin. It's no biggie and my skin is definitely not irritated.

I'm going to transition to once every other day. I hope my PIH fades more or better, completely in a month!

Can I ask what your skin tone is? I have sensitive olive-toned skin and have read some pretty horrible reviews of this stuff for people with my skin tone and type. If you look at the Acne.org reviews, there are a few in there that say that it made their cysts way worse and that it ruined their skin :(

I'm just a bit nervous, but do want to even out my skin tone and hyperpigmentation!

Hi Albertine,

I am asian and have yellow based skin tone, and have not had any problems with using MAMA. I also read the reviews that some people with darker sin have experienced discoloration, but I can't attest to any of that given my experience. According to the MAMA website, MAMA is safe to use on darker skin.

My only piece of advice is that you never know until you try. I too hesitated with MAMA for a few weeks because I also read that it made some people's skin worse, but MAMA has only helped me. It really depends on your skin type.

If you do decide to use MAMA, definitely slowly transition and adjust to it, so don't use it more than 2 times a week. And if your skin does not react, slowly build up to every other day. Good luck!

Hi Albertine,

I am asian and have yellow based skin tone, and have not had any problems with using MAMA. I also read the reviews that some people with darker sin have experienced discoloration, but I can't attest to any of that given my experience. According to the MAMA website, MAMA is safe to use on darker skin.

My only piece of advice is that you never know until you try. I too hesitated with MAMA for a few weeks because I also read that it made some people's skin worse, but MAMA has only helped me. It really depends on your skin type.

If you do decide to use MAMA, definitely slowly transition and adjust to it, so don't use it more than 2 times a week. And if your skin does not react, slowly build up to every other day. Good luck!

Hi Didi,

Thanks so much for your reply. Funny, I am half asian and have olive toned skin/yellow undertones. This is part of my concern with the MaMa lotion... Do you have any pics of your skin, so I can get a better sense of the tone and also the type of pigmentation you were trying to clear? I am extra paranoid because of my bad IPL facial experience... :(

Any info would be awesome. Thanks so much!

A

Hi Albertine,

Hi Didi,

Thanks so much for your reply. Funny, I am half asian and have olive toned skin/yellow undertones. This is part of my concern with the MaMa lotion... Do you have any pics of your skin, so I can get a better sense of the tone and also the type of pigmentation you were trying to clear? I am extra paranoid because of my bad IPL facial experience... :(

Any info would be awesome. Thanks so much!

A

Silly me, I see now that you have pics up top :)

Hi! Yea, I have pictures up way up on my first posting. Glad you saw them. :) MAMA is an alpha hydroxy acid, so you should be ok with it (i see that you are allergic to BHA). But I would spot treat for a few days just to be sure. Good luck!

I tested the MaMa lotion last night on my forehead, and so far, so good! I think I'm going to try it 2 x per week at night!

Thanks for all the info.

Hi Mans. I generally use about a pump's worth of MAMA on my face (sometimes 2 pumps if I want to put it on my neck to smooth out wrinkles there), every other day. I don't use an additional moisturizer. On the days I don't use MAMA, I use Differin. The MAMA directions says to start off 2 times a week first, and then slowly build up to every other day. I don't know what would happen if I were to use MAMA every day. It may be too irritating.

I tested the MaMa lotion last night on my forehead, and so far, so good! I think I'm going to try it 2 x per week at night!

Thanks for all the info.