Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zeek

Tanning on Mino

Im taking 2 100mg pills of mino twice a day and was wondering how everyone else on antibiotics handles tanning beds? Does it burn the skin easily?

I dunno, I used to be on it and when Id tan, Id get a gazillion of freckles all over my face! Theyd fade by the next day but it was scary thinking that they might stay. i actually asked a doc or someone about this before ( tanning while on these type of pills) and they told me that it could cause malisma (sp?) which is discoloration of the skin like either white spots or brown spots. I think that you sould try just a bit at a time, and wear sunblock on your face ( or cover it with the towel) ok? If theres anything else I can help with just ask smile.gif

Dont you guys read the warning labels. Geez! It makes your skin very photosensitive while on mino. It says to avoid prolonge exposure to sunlight direct and/or ARTIFICAL (ie tanning).

Hey it your skin do what you want. It just seems odd to me that anyone with acne would want a tan anyways.

Dont you guys read the warning labels.  Geez!  It makes your skin very photosensitive while on mino.  It says to avoid prolonge exposure to sunlight direct and/or ARTIFICAL (ie tanning). 

Hey it your skin do what you want.  It just seems odd to me that anyone with acne would want a tan anyways.

im on doxy, and out of curiousity i asked my derm about tanning while on doxy and he said "going to a tanning salon while on doxy is absolute insanity." needless to say, i wont be going tanning while im on any prescription for acne.

When i was on mino i used to go to the beach everyday in the summer all day and be fine. Thats without sunscreen. I get pretty dark, some people can definitely handle it.

When i was on mino i used to go to the beach everyday in the summer all day and be fine. Thats without sunscreen. I get pretty dark, some people can definitely handle it.

When you were on mino you went to the beach without sunscreen.

Gee and you wonder why you are here now.

Sum of you ppl are idiots for thinking your personal experiences with sumthing determine whether it works or not. There's also a label on Minocycline that says "DO NOT TAKE WITH DAIRY" but a lot of ppl can and not have any reaction. I used to be outside all the time during the summer when on Mino and I was fine it actually made me BETTER. So if you want to go tanning go tanning and do so at your own risk.