Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naitch

Why don't more people do permanet fillers?

It seems to work very well on acne scars, so why aren't more people doing it?

Cos its permanent....meaning irreversible.At least thats my concern.

There is such a thing? I wasn't aware of any fillers that lasted more than a year or even a few months. Is there a link for any of this? Or any pics?

I didn't know it was physiologically possible to place a permanent filler in the skin that would not be absorbed or broken down over time.

mostly because everyone's face changes as they go through life but the filler will remain where it was put. What looks great now may look plain abnormal in 15 years time.

It seems to work very well on acne scars, so why aren't more people doing it?

One reason, its difficult to find a doc who uses permanent fillers...without traveling a bazillion miles.. :(

i'm doing it.

As for the person who asked for the link try searching for permanent fillers such as Artecoll, Silikon, Bio-alcamid, or Aquamid.

Permanent fillers are probably one of the best methods for fixing acne scars. It amazes me how many people have not tried it. I'm getting mine in January.

Because as time goes on the skin thins where as the fillers are permament and you are left with abnormal bumps is my guess.

Plus alot of people dont have enough money to pay for cosmetic surgery such as chemical peels and what not.

Because as time goes on the skin thins where as the fillers are permament and you are left with abnormal bumps is my guess.

Plus alot of people dont have enough money to pay for cosmetic surgery such as chemical peels and what not.

thats why Im scared to do permanent fillers as well but I ve never seen any photos or people in general that had wierd bumps that stood out like they once had fillers. Has this been documented before or are these just assumptions that people make?

Rupert and Blaize - I have see a person with permanent silicone micro-injections that were done 25 years ago and the areas filled did not look strange and weird. They looked level with the rest of his face. There have also been posters on this forum that have had permanent fillers for 20 to 30 years and did not report looking weird but were still satisfied with the results. Where do you get your information from or are you just speculating? I have heard this same assertion made numerous times on this forum without any evidence.

Here is my take on this. If you get injected with a large amount of permanent filler(silicone or not) when you are relatively young, you could look unnatural or even 'weird' 20 years down the road. That's because you face is going to lose some volume due to aging process but those filler will always remain there. However, since the augment effect of silicone micro-injection is mainly from the collagen of your own body and those collagen are formed around many tiny silicone beads, instead of a large unit, i really doubt they will stand out as time goes by.

A doctor recommended Artefill to me a couple months ago for this scar that I have on my upper right cheek. He said he uses it all the time but it is controversial.

Personally, although yes, some people have had artificial permanent fillers for decades without problems and so on, I'm just hesitant to have anything injected into my face. I don't want anything injected into my face. Thats just me though.

Maybe I'll give in someday if after years of trying, I still haven't improved my scar with other alternatives.

overcorrection (lumps left after a filler) are well documented and occur when too much filler is injected. This is why the doctor does follow-up injections. He'll inject little by little so that there is no overcorrection.