Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kohkane

Have you accepted having acne?

How many of you have just finally excepted that you have acne, and that there not much you can do about it except keep it under control and worry about not breaking out or anything. Then just hope it clears up sooner or later. I'm slowly accepting it =\ Some days I could care less and I'm actually happy with my face but lately I've just been..ugh :ninja: I guess I've been hoping for a fast acting miracle :ninja:

I have, fortunately. I think that with my skin, it's best to just accept it. But that doesn't mean that I don't have hope - Because I do. And I won't stop hoping.

Ive accepted i have acne. It still stops me from doing some things but hey ill go out and not realy care because i kno my face is the best i can make it look at the momment. But hopefully i wont have to accept it for ever, hopefully ill get on tane or something to clear this up.

Im lucky that my skin cleared up... but still have some bad scars on my cheek. Ive accepted that my skin will never be perfect of smooth.

Accepting acne is different though. I wouldnt accept having it for life, but accept the fact that it will go away eventually.

Im lucky that my skin cleared up... but still have some bad scars on my cheek. Ive accepted that my skin will never be perfect of smooth.

Accepting acne is different though. I wouldnt accept having it for life, but accept the fact that it will go away eventually.

Thats what im slowly coming to accept. I know my acne will go away and that I won't have perfect skin but I find it hard trying to accept that theres a small possibility that my acne MIGHT not go away :(

my acne really isnt bad at all now like 3 small whiteheads and a few blackheads and some bad scars on my cheeks from cyst that i had but im nearly off accutane after 1 year and i have come to accept my skin because moping isn't going to change it or make myself feel good, you have to take it in your stride and be grateful for what you have after all it's not like your acne physically impares you or seriously disables you.

Very well said shanio. Its less the real outcome but the "feel good" feeling from accepting.

If you accept that your acne WILL go away...then it really would. Whatever the case choosing to accept it would help you psychologically which is after all the only problem acne causes, psychological distress (or wteva :eh: ).

If you have acne and you dont accept it and live in a dark place until you finally fix it/grow out of it then you have lost time, experience - stuff you will never get back. I say accept and take every possible avenue towards sorting it but dont miss out on stuff because you fail to accept that you and a hell of a lot of other people have acne.

a couple days ago i said id never accept it and keep trying to fix it, but i went to the dermatologist recently my second one who told me to take antibiotics, birthcontrol, and some bullshit regimen..im not going to do it, i dont trust her judgement, im not going to the dermatologist anymore, i can live with my mild acne, and i know its not forever, but i dont think ill ever be carefree and spontaneous until im totally acne free..and by then i might be too old to act that way. SIGH..oh well, age is just a number right.

Yes, I accepted it a while ago. At the end of the day I have a decent quality of life, I'm not disabled in any way, I'm capable of going out and doing whatever I like, so life isn't that bad. Yes, I have severe acne, I'm not happy about it but there's not much I can do. I'm on Dianette and antibiotics ATM so it's a case of sitting back and waiting to see if anything improves. I am guilty of being depressed as hell in the past (and I still have phases now), but I've come to realise there's no point in throwing my whole life away just because of acne. If other people are repulsed by it then that just means that they're not the type of people I would want as friends anyway, if they're that vain. To have any chance of happiness while having acne you have to learn to accept it - it took me 5yrs and thanks to that I missed out on my teenage years. I'm done with it ruining my life.

How many of you have just finally excepted that you have acne, and that there not much you can do about it except keep it under control and worry about not breaking out or anything. Then just hope it clears up sooner or later. I'm slowly accepting it =\ Some days I could care less and I'm actually happy with my face but lately I've just been..ugh :ninja: I guess I've been hoping for a fast acting miracle :ninja:

Accepting acne is like accepting that you have no control over yourself. I couldn't deal with that so I spent years dedicated to curing my acne. Was it worth it? Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh budddddday!!!!!

I have been struggling with this concept myself about just accepting the fact that I have acne and that it shouldn't stop me from living my life. However, I know that it does stop me from doing stuff. I don't swim or do anything water related in front of other people because then my makeup will come off. I also breakout from almost all sunscreens so that stops me from doing a lot of stuff outdoors. Also going on vacation for long periods of time- I have to make sure I have enough product with me and again cannot really do anything outdoorsy. The whole thing is extremely frustrating for me. I really want to just not care and let people see the real me but I end up feeling so bad about myself. I also go through periods of clear skin where I have gotten it under control so I know how I feel when I am not breaking out- it is like I am free- so it is so hard to accept when I am. It is not just a vanity thing also- it actually physically hurts sometimes too.

I want to accept where I am right now in my life because that is truly the way to be happy but it is so difficult for me.

I still cant accept it >.> Final

Many things have been affected already because of my acne.

GF broke up with me and it is very hard to get a job because people are thinking that they can get acne too.

I also felt very different from other people if i am in the crowds.

To all the posters here who said that accepting it means you've given up...you are wrong :snooty:

I have accepted that I have acne and as a result I almost acne free.

As with anything, you cannot fix something until you have accepted it and face up to it.