Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bahli84

my friend's mom is a friggin genius

was talkin to a friend of mine earlier & she was freakin out about a zit on the end of her nose. her stepmom suggested using 15% zinc oxide on the zit, promising it would be gone within 24. Dude let me tell you it WORKS coz i had a mother of a zit on my cheek - we're talkin large red bump with TWO whiteheads on it, not one, TWO (!) and I put zinc oxide on it and it's practically gone. (Please observe new picture dated March 12 in my gallery, I am the one wit the tan 8-[ ) Anyhoo it works great.

My mom told me that in the 70s when she had moderate acne her derm told her to use a sunbed 2ce a week. I know now it sez that is not good for skin but worked for her so i'm not stoppin the fake and bake.

Also a friend of mine sez she uses polysporin to help heal any pimples she has popped. Haven't tried that though.

Did it leave a scar?

:-k

As for polysporin, is that related to neosporin? sounds like it neo being one poly being many sporins smile.gif

either way, seen as how they are used to prevent infections and quicken the healing process, I'm sure they'd be great in handling burst cysts. Not too mention reduce scarring immensely.

I use polysporin. I believe that it's somewhat equivalent to neosporin. Polysporin is what's available to use in Canada. Neo...in the states (Afaik)

Baby rash products like sudocrem(15% zinc oxide) and desedin(a whopping 40% in a base of cod liver oil so it's non clogging or irritating).

I'm wondering if the 40% is too high or would it work faster that way?

i use zincofax diaper rash cream... 15% zinc oxide... I am addicted to this stuff, my skin actually looks HEALTHY!