Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tinkerbell

Is that improvement I see?

Hi :D I have been suffering acne for so many years. I am now 21, and I've tried so many different treatments and nothing seemed to work. I have very sensitive skin and many treatments just dried out my face and irratated it. I tried differin: my skin didn't like that too much. I tried another prescription, i cant remember the name, and it also dried out my skin. I tried countless amounts of OTC treatments and even went as far to buy an expensive one from Clinique but nothing worked. I decided to try ProActiv and it wasnt that great but it helped alot more than anything else did. I then decided to try Reversion. It comes with a cleanser and salicycic acid treatment. I started using and got the worst breakout in my life. My face was completely broken out and extremely dry, I looked so horrible. The first thing I did was to get rid of the dryness (which was unbearbable). I picked up Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion for Delicate skin, which has Vitamins A,C,E, Pro-Vitamin B5, and Alpha-Hydroxy Acid. I used that at night until the dryness was all gone. I decided to ditch the salicyclic acid from Reversion but decided to keep the cleaner that came with it. I decided to try the cleanser with Pro-Activ's Repairing Lotion which contains 2.5% of Benzoyl Peroxide and after applying that I apply a little of the Neutrogena Healthy Skin. So far my skin has shown great improvement and it isnt dry or red. I know its a weird combo of treatments from different places but it works for me so far.

If anyone wants to try it you can the products here:

1. ProActiv Repairing Lotion with 2.5% BP- http://www.proactiv.com/

2. Reversion Antimicrobial Wash- http://www.therapon.com/reversion/

3. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion for Delicate Skin- http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...=BUY-PLST-0-CAT or I got it at CVS.

In the morning I just clean my skin with the Reversion wash. At night I use a washcloth to clean my face with the Reversion and then after its dry I put on the Proactiv Repairing Lotion and then after its sinked in a little a apply a little bit of the Neutrogena Healthy skin.

Just so you know you may get an initial breakout with the Reversion wash because I did. Thanks for listening to my story and if anyone decides to try this out good luck!! :lol:

You were using the same exact Neutogena Healthy Skin? I know there's a few different types. Everyones skin is different. It could also be what else you were using with it.