Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anybody experienced, researched or know anything about a treatment called clearlight?

I have just started this. It is some type of blue light and you sit under it for about 20 minutes. You need a total of 8 15-20 minute session over a four week period. It is supposed to stop all acne except cystic. (Lasers work better for cystic acne.) I have had two sessions so far and I have not had any new breakouts (which is amazing). It sounds like it works similar to benzoyl Peroxide by killing the P. acne bacteria. It however goes under the skin to accomplish this. I am using benzoyl Peroxide in connection with this.

I am also going to do something that is called IPL. I think that it is some sort of laser that gets rid of hyperpigmention and fine lines. I will do that next week.

This is all I know about it. I found out about it at the laser care center where I was researching the smoothbeam. Any other information anyone has would be appreciated. I will update you as I get results!

lprattsprint

I did this before.. Oh man, it wasted my money and time. ](*,) ](*,) I had moderate acne. Sighs. I still have acne now. So, i wouldnt recommend you to go for it. It has no side effect tho.

I had it and it cleared me up completely for about 5 months..........they'reeeeeeeeee baaaaaaaaack. The only good thing about that is that it doesn't hurt. :-s

i am going to get free n-light treatment.

ask your gp if u can see a derm. then ask the derm to put u on a trial programme. thats what i just did.

i think it has short term benefits. personally i wouldnt pay for it but im getting it free!!!! yay!!!

tim