Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noname89

What works for you?

For those who win the battle against acne, I would like to know how you clear acne. Which is the best or the most effective way for each of you? I know, different people react differently to different regimens. I'm suffering from facial acne and I have persistent red marks on my face. Also, anyone knows an effective way of clearing red marks? Hope you all can share your experience in treating acne with me.

For those who win the battle against acne, I would like to know how you clear acne. Which is the best or the most effective way for each of you? I know, different people react differently to different regimens. I'm suffering from facial acne and I have persistent red marks on my face. Also, anyone knows an effective way of clearing red marks? Hope you all can share your experience in treating acne with me.

I use cetaphil anti bacertial soap on my face x2 daily and it has worked wonders for me. All the pimples and cysts have pretty much like dried up and the redness is going down as well.

My full regimen is in my sig.

Well I cleared mine with Roaccutane for 6 months taking 60mg one day and 80mg the next. I have no acne anymore and feel so much better after it has gone. I feel so much more confidant and I enjoy life now and am able to join things (sport, activities, parties, going out down town .etc) easier than before.

Clean & Clear Sensitive Cleanser with a paper towel as a cleansing aide once a day.

At night, I remove makeup, oil, and dirt using a damp paper towel only.

cleared mine holistically, i use anew retexturing wipes for my red marks as recomended by Wynne, gettin there

Nicam gel (called freederm also in UK). I find it brilliant for mild acne. It basically puts a stop to it! Keeps me clear i love the stuff!

I think I'm gonna have to invest in this freederm, I heard its good for spot treatment specificlly - as in put it on an active spot and it calms it down over a few days.

Saw an advert on the telly too which made me think it might be a proactiv scamm thing but perhaps not...

I think I'm gonna have to invest in this freederm, I heard its good for spot treatment specificlly - as in put it on an active spot and it calms it down over a few days.

Saw an advert on the telly too which made me think it might be a proactiv scamm thing but perhaps not...

Yeah they do have loads of ads on the tv for it. If your buying it just buy nicam cos its cheaper than freederm, which only comes in a little tube, you get 60g when u buy nicam, nicam is made by the same company, its the same stuff it just aint marketed. you ll get it from behind the pharmacy counter in boots. its 21.69 euro so maybe around 17 pounds or so id say. i personally use it all over the face not just on individual spots, found this worked best because it stopped new ones forming!!

I wash with Basis (for Sensative Skin) Soap + washcloth (to better remove dead skin) twice daily + BenzaClin for spot treatment.

Diet and supplements for major inflammatory acne,

AHA and toner contains alcohol(I know it could irritate my skin but I love it) for non or mild inflammatory acne.

freederm did shit for me, not a good product imo

I wash with Basis (for Sensative Skin) Soap + washcloth (to better remove dead skin) twice daily + BenzaClin for spot treatment.

Basis Sensitive Skin Soap is AMAZING.

Basis + Duac Topical + Retin-a Micro = awesome combo.

Water twice a day. Jojoba Oil as moisturizer when needed(not everyday, only if I see dryness) and spot treatment with Aloe Vera Gel on brown spots. I also use tea tree oil as a spot treatment on the rare instance I do get a pimple of some kind. Also taking 40mg of Zinc and 1000-2000mg of Vitamin C daily. Luckily diet does not effect my acne, I learned this recently, so I can eat whatever really but I still try to keep it healthy and add in fruits/veggies for good measure.

Status - no current acne aside from 2-3 very small whiteheads and still have some blackheads on nose. Also have some brown/red marks that need toning, most of the red marks are now turning skin color and fading. Overall, I've been much better after going all natural and stopping the use of chemical cleansers and I'm confident I'll be completely clear and toned by the end of the summer.