Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi all,

Ive been a lurker around here for several weeks!

I am a 23 yrs old and have been struggling to rid my acne since I was 16. I would consider it mild because I would only get about 5 whiteheads or less a week on average. But in my own mind i tend to think its severe because I am very critical of myself and hated the way I looked in the mirror! I've tried just about everything.

Now I am on Dan's Regimine and following it to a T!! its funny how leaving out one small thing like pat drying (I used to just allow to air dry) makes such a difference! Anyways

My Routine is:

Morning: Wash face w/ eucerin pore purifying foaming wash,

Apply Neutrogena 2.5% BP tinted formula all over, use clearasil total control all-day mattifying moisturizer, take Vitamins- E 2g, C 2g, B5 3g, B-complex, a daily multi, and a zinc 50mg

Night: Wash face w/ eucerin pore pufiying wash, apply Oxy sensitive skin 5% BP, clearasil moisturizer, and vitamins- E 1g, C 2g, B5 2g,B- comlex, daily multi, zinc 50mg.

... I still get a pimple here and there but I DONT PICK AT THEM!! my face is 95% clear... I'm hoping that taking the supplements will also even my skin tone and heal my red marks that are generally on my cheeks a few on my forehead as well as stop the overactive sebum glands, or stop the inflamation from occuring? i dont really know but everyone seems to think supplements help as well as the B5 so that is what I am doing.

My question is what does the Zinc do for your skin? anyone know? I've read what the others do. I know acne miracle even includes zinc in the pantoletic acid too so it most do something,

thanks

I've read that it can help acne, and i've also read that it can make acne worse, and cause other problems when you take too much. :-k

It's mostly recommended to be taken at a dose of 15 or 30 mg, which is the amount you would get in a normal multivitamin. Taking a multi, plus an additional 50 mg may be too much.

EDIT:

I see now that you are actually taking all of those pills twice a day. That's overkill, man. You only need to take a multi-vitamin once a day. I also see that you are megadosing on B5. You only need to take one B-Complex a day to augment that. Taking too many of the other B vitamins can decrease the effectiveness of the B5. I'd also cut out the zinc supplements entirely, or at least only take one a day.

I have taken a zinc complex every day in and off for the past 5 years and think that it has really worked to control my acne. I take 50mg a day of it, and have found that after taking it for about a month it really heals ur scars and helps ur skin look better. This is what I have found, however this is also one of the many things doctors recommend it for. Keep takin it and u will notice improvements eventually

If you take more than 50 mg of zinc daily for a long time, you can build up too much zinc and a deficiency in Copper, i believe...that can have negative side effects