Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Khrysalis

Love the site's new look!!!

Everything looks overly complicated to me and hard on the eyes.

I don't like it. The old one was just right so why change it?

If it aint broke...

• The brightness is an actual issue. It makes it hard to read. This forum should be accessible for all and even having normal vision, i'm struggling to read posts. You've got grey font with white background- wouldnt it be better to have black font?

The brightness is an issue and may make people turn away from the site.

• The preview feature is good- but, you only need a couple of lines preview. 3 lines max. that way you're allowing the reader to get a quick idea of what is in the post, but not overwhelming someone if they dont want to click into that thread.

those are my main points.

^bullet points dont work now?

• The brightness is an actual issue. It makes it hard to read. This forum should be accessible for all and even having normal vision, i'm struggling to read posts. You've got grey font with white background- wouldnt it be better to have black font?

The brightness is an issue and may make people turn away from the site.

• The preview feature is good- but, you only need a couple of lines preview. 3 lines max. that way you're allowing the reader to get a quick idea of what is in the post, but not overwhelming someone if they dont want to click into that thread.

those are my main points.

^bullet points dont work now?

I think you need to put [*] where you want the bullets inside the list tag. Otherwise, you won't have bullets.

The colors might need to be tweaked though because it is looking a little washed out. Slightly darker text would help.

Darker text would really be helpful to many who have a hard time reading the current text color. One member asked if there were other skin options as she can't see the current new one; maybe the IP Board Pro skin?

Darker text would really be helpful to many who have a hard time reading the current text color.

I concur. Other than that, and the search function, I think the board update is great.

I'm getting used to it ^_^

Though I noticed I can't see my "Personal Photo" anymore. Is it just me?

Me to its the same here my personal photo was on the old site but gone on the new one. When i add new one it comes up in the control view but not on my profile.

I think this new desgin is pants.

You expect us to recode the site to work on your PSP, yet you can't even be bothered informing us of the specifics of your problem, you'd rather just winge in CAPS LOCK!

Not digging this at ALL. And it's absolute HELL to check the boards from my BlackBerry (which is what I do a decent amount of the time). When I check the boards from my BlackBerry it shows the ENTIRE first post of every thread and takes forever to load and then get through reading. Font color and brightness is also driving my eyes bonkers.

I like it. Looks funky but still not too out of the ordinary.

Everything is good. Even the colors I don't see a problem. I guess the text could be a shade darker of gray but I still don't mind the way it is now. I also really like the profile pages now. Looks a lot better.

The only thing I still don't like is the search. I don't know if it's IP.Board but I know all of vbulletin boards have the best search features. But I think that's a major change that won't be happening soon, lol :P

Not digging this at ALL. And it's absolute HELL to check the boards from my BlackBerry (which is what I do a decent amount of the time). When I check the boards from my BlackBerry it shows the ENTIRE first post of every thread and takes forever to load and then get through reading. Font color and brightness is also driving my eyes bonkers.

that's not the new design, that's the way your blackberry is wrongly reading the Javascript for the topic preview, that most of you winged to have for months. We just can't win :D

that's not the new design, that's the way your blackberry is wrongly reading the Javascript for the topic preview, that most of you winged to have for months. We just can't win :D

you can... just have 1-3 lines max preview- not the whole post. :)

you can... just have 1-3 lines max preview- not the whole post.

Sure then Joe blogs will want the whole post, fanny adams will want 6 lines and tweedle dumb will want 8. Truth is, one of you, will complain about ANY change that's made.

i love it all but please please please could we have the old search back :( the google one really isnt anywhere near as good. it's also really slow to update itself

You expect us to recode the site to work on your PSP, yet you can't even be bothered informing us of the specifics of your problem, you'd rather just winge in CAPS LOCK!

Sorry. :)

Basically the only thing that loads when I try to go to the forum is the acne.org logo at the top, and the number of users online right below that. Then the rest of the page simply won't load. Also there is a little "-" symbol at the top left hand corner and if you click on it nothing happens. And the only way to get even this much to show up is if I chose the "just-fit" view with the psp.

If you know a workaround let me know, huh? Please??