Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

Tiny black dots all over my nose?

Are they blackheads? I would post some pictures, but the camera won't show anything.. (you have to be very close to see them) I can't squeeze them or even come close to getting rid of them because they are just too small.. I've tried a mask, but after a a couple of hours they return... any tips? I think it's because of my over production of oil.. because during the time I was on accutane they were gone and now they're back..

I'm thinking of going to a dermatologist if it gets any worse

heres a drawing what it kind of looks like.. lol

post-27080-1213376251_thumb.jpg

post-27080-1213376251_thumb.jpg

i have them, i dont think they are even related to acne....i don't even mind them because they are so small and you can barely even see them but they are there

Yeah, I used to have those. I didn't think they were a huge problem or anything. Got rid of them accidentally actually, once I started using a 2% Salicylic Acid face wash. You might have success with that.

i have them, i dont think they are even related to acne....i don't even mind them because they are so small and you can barely even see them but they are there

really? not related to acne?? they look like tiny clogged pores though.. you know but they keep coming back?? arggh!

I have blackheads on my nose too. Very soon, I will try the baking soda method.....

they're blackheads?

I have blackheads on my nose too. Very soon, I will try the baking soda method.....

[i]A blackhead (medically known as an open comedo[1] , plural comedones [2]) is a yellowish or blackish bump or plug on the skin. A blackhead is a type of acne vulgaris. It is caused by excess oils that have accumulated in the sebaceous gland's duct. The substance found in these bumps mostly consists of keratin and modified sebum (an oily secretion of the sebaceous gland), which darkens (resembling dirt) as it oxidizes. [3]

From wikipedia.com

If this describes what you have on your nose, then yes, they are blackheads.